Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Special: Hirtenberger 7.62x51 (308) Surplus ammunition, FREE SHIPPING OFFER

BANNED
    anyone in Victoria want to split this with me ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Just cant wait to try this ammo in my Scout Steyr Canadian Ranger , i suspect it could be MOA or better, especially that the ROT is 1 in 12, the same as my FNAR... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks for the advice JP. The other thread you said" hesitation will cost you every time" So I just ordered another 2 cases.
    This ammo is too good to not get more. And the price when you factor in freight, is cheaper then the 10 case lots from the bold typers original prices.
    Now I'm off for the first shoot of 2016....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    To good of an ammo not to stack it high... JP.

Picked my cases up last night from UPS -- what's the best way to get the securing metal bands off?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Wire cutters

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

were they berdain primed?

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Thanks for the advice JP. The other thread you said" hesitation will cost you every time" So I just ordered another 2 cases.
    This ammo is too good to not get more. And the price when you factor in freight, is cheaper then the 10 case lots from the bold typers original prices.
    Now I'm off for the first shoot of 2016....

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlibris View Post
    Picked my cases up last night from UPS -- what's the best way to get the securing metal bands off?
    Unicorn tears and self affirmation. "Tin snips" NOT wire cutters. This HAS to be a troll question, yes? Please tell me it's a troll...faith in grown ups is slipping, slipping away....gone.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Not a troll question. I've opened cases before, including Czech surplus 7.62x39 crates with the welded pull tabs and Russian 7.62x54R crates nailed shut and the spam can opener. This is simply a new type of fastener to me and living in the city in a small apartment, I don't have space to keep tools with limited one-off purposes, nor do I have access to unicorn tears for use as a metal solvent.

Edit: in any case, thanks to the above for the tip on tin snips, I'll look into procuring a set.
    Last edited by Exlibris; 01-08-2016 at 02:15 PM.

Hammer claws, jam the band in the claws and twist.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast