Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave exploding target vs Watermelon

I was debating whether or not I should blast some of those at my local DNR range... I think I'm gonna. loll

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well something is screwy now?? The Chief Firearms Office in Ontario does not approve the use of explosive targets!! So I assume not approved at shooting ranges governed and policed by that office?? But the explosive target and tannerite products are not illegal?? And do you even need a PAL to purchase??? And in B.C. we can just go out in the bush and do what we want!!! And at least at ranges they are alcohol and drug free which is safer for some people then using this product in the bush.

Private property, or crown land in the middle of nowhere would be the safest places to fire these off IMHO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So from any type of chemical reaction there is heat generated? Is there a chance these products will or can start a forest fire?? Not a fun way to finish a day shooting with a 3hr. fire watch after using this stuff!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by skneub View Post
    I borrowed some small end tables someone dumped for target stands....
    Toothpicks....
    lol..next is gonna be a hole in the side of the sandbank

Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Private property, or crown land in the middle of nowhere would be the safest places to fire these off IMHO.
    X2.. And I'm not against these being used at an approved range... as long as everyone that is there is o.k. with these being set off, and it is done as safe as possible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BeaverMeat's Avatar
    Because if it's not approved at that range, it would be moronic to post videos of shooting it at the range online. Not only could you get banned for life from the range, you may also get the range shut down forever.
    But I guess it's more important to post a video "having fun" then it is to worry about any consequences of your actions....
    Says the guy with the "gun in mouth" avitar. Irony?

Am I allowed to show a video with these target on privat land, Hitzy? Oh, I guess I should ask the land owner if I can shoot these targets. Mot likely he would want to goin.
    "There's a big ... machine in the sky, ... some kind of electric snake ... coming straight at us."
    "Shoot it," said my attorney.
    "Not yet," I said. "I want to study its habits.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    So from any type of chemical reaction there is heat generated? Is there a chance these products will or can start a forest fire?? Not a fun way to finish a day shooting with a 3hr. fire watch after using this stuff!!
    Don't worry the stuff has enough velocity to put out any fire it could start. But just double check when your done to be safe.

Well maybe we take it a little more seriously around here....some of the clubs here total upwards of $200,000 annual membership fees. Until we get a ruling from the CFO that these are OK for range use, they are not. I would love to see ranges approve these for targets, until then remember you are one person in a club of hundreds and your actions could fck the club up royally. I just ask that people be a little tiny bit smart about using these until we know it's not going t cause a #### storm with the CFO. To give you an idea how anal they are, they shut a club down for a week because the grass wasnt cut....
    It's not hard to figure out what range someone is at from videos. Just use your head a little bit, do we need to see you shooting this at the range? Can we not find 1000 videos of tanerite being shot in the US?
    I have 180 acres I can shoot this stuff on....private property, you know stuff you own and can do as you please without ####ing things up for anyone else.
    Just a slap on the peepee here ehh....

And from the CFO

I doubt the answer is going to be any different from any other CFO.
    Your tears and jealousy are not helping the cause for other provinces currently allowing this.

CGN Regular
    I watched 3lbs of this stuff launch a 12"x12"x1/2" armour steel plate a couple hundred feet in the air...lol

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast