Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag/slide issue

Mag/slide issue

I am having some issues with the mags. Both of them. When I rack the slide back with the mag the slide stays back. I release the slide and rack it again and the slide does not stay back. I rack it again and again and it will not stay back with the mag in like its supposed too. And the mag is impossible to get out. I have to have the slide in half rack and literally rip the mag out. I have taken the gun apart 4 times and can't figure it out. It racks perfectly over and over with all the other 1911 mags that I have so I've narrowed it down to the mags. Both of them. Anyone else have this problem. Any solutions ?

Edit : new chrome 1911 full size
    Last edited by zelly; 03-26-2014 at 03:45 PM.
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Did. . . did you mean to make a new thread here?

This reads like its part of some existing conversation

Nork mags are not really top tier....pretty ####ty mags. Toss em.

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    Did. . . did you mean to make a new thread here?

This reads like its part of some existing conversation
    Good help...

OP if you can get your hands on another mag ie. a friend that would be a good first step.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    "Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of lambs"
    Member of CCFR.

I stated it works with my other mags. Just hard to believe I got two bum mags with it. Just wanted to know if anyone else was having issues and maybe had a solution.
    Practice makes you perfect, it also makes you broke!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    Norc mags are not the best, however I have made mine work a lot better.

Strip the mags [pay attention to the spring orientation] and go over the parts for burrs and sharp edges. Use a fine file to smooth them out. Use 100-400 grit sandpaper on a flat stick [paint stirring sticks are perfect] to get any burrs and roughness inside the mag body.

When everything is smooth, clean the mag bodies and followers and give them a wipe with an oily cloth. Reassemble them and try them again. If you are still having problems, try changing the orientation of the spring...they may have been assembled incorrectly to begin with. Also look at the followers and make sure they are engaging the slide stop/release correctly [do this by inserting them in the gun's frame with the slide removed].
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    Norc mags are not the best, however I have made mine work a lot better.

Strip the mags [pay attention to the spring orientation] and go over the parts for burrs and sharp edges. Use a fine file to smooth them out. Use 100-400 grit sandpaper on a flat stick [paint stirring sticks are perfect] to get any burrs and roughness inside the mag body.

When everything is smooth, clean the mag bodies and followers and give them a wipe with an oily cloth. Reassemble them and try them again. If you are still having problems, try changing the orientation of the spring...they may have been assembled incorrectly to begin with. Also look at the followers and make sure they are engaging the slide stop/release correctly [do this by inserting them in the gun's frame with the slide removed].
    And another reason a Norinco will never find it's way into my gun collection. Thank you.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

i have experienced a similar issue with my norc mags, have not shot the gun yet.
    the empty mags wont insert all the way , they go half way and stop.... i have to press the mag release in a bit
    for them to slide in all the way. im taking the entire pistol apart this weekend and using 600 grit paper on a few of the rough surfaces
    with suggestion above, ill do the same with the mags.

I thought this is just how the Norcs worked. I've always had to press the mag release to insert a magazine.
    What surface needs to be filed to fix this?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

I had this problem with my para.

The slide stop release is out of spec. When you push down on the slide stop it is jumping around/over the follower.... Then the follower prohibits the slide release from being able to lock the slide and that is whats jamming the magazine.

Purchased a STI one and it fixed my problem

(Or the follower to the mag is out of spec)
    Last edited by JoKa; 03-27-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast