Page 415 of 1151 FirstFirst ... 395405407408409410411412413414415416417418419420421422423425435 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 11506

Thread: Shorten PAL Approval Times

Web site said Licence issued yerterday----- 35 days from the day app was recieved at CFC :-)

CGN frequent flyer
    Hopefully this will help whoever needs it.

I am in ontario and took non-restricted only.

Aug 25 - I took my Non restricted test and passed. Results sent in.
    (note I did not know you could send in the application ahead of time)

Sept 17- Received test back and mailed (registered) application and completed test with cheque

Sept 21 - Received at Firearms Office (Canada Post Tracking)

Sept 25 - Called to see if they received and was told it will take a few weeks to go online and 30-45 days to process

Oct 11 - Application shows up online as initial processing

Oct 12 - Status changed "completed initial processing now in progress"

Oct 12- Cheque cashed

Oct 22 - Called to see status or missing information. Was transferred completed interview. Was given application number and had both references call in.

Oct 23 - Application processed and license has been issued.

Now I wait for the card! I will repost when it arrives

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    This is how mine went: Richmond, B.C.

Sept 9 - Passed both Restricted and Non-Restricted Exams

Sept 10 - Mailed all documents and payment by Registered Mail

Sept 13 - Received at Miramichi

* Check for status everyday on-line but never showed up on website

Sept 27 - Called to ask for update on application (exercised extreme "politeness" while talking to the RCMP officer)
    Was told that they have not looked at my application yet and to call back after 1 week

Oct 5 - My payment was processed.

Oct 12 - Called to ask for update on application (exercised extreme "politeness" while talking to the RCMP officer)
    Was told that they are now proccesing my application and all my documents/info are in correct order and got my interview right there as well.

Oct 16 - My 2 references called in for their interview

Oct 23 - Called to ask for update on application (exercised extreme "politeness" while talking to the RCMP officer)
    Was told that my license has been issued and it's off to printing. Will take a few days for printing and mail.

Oct 24 - Very excited and could hardly wait for my license to come in. Just waiting for Mr. Postman to drop it off .......Woooo Hooooo!

Oct 25 - Got it! ......
    Last edited by Aprilia Man; 10-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatted View Post
    I think it's the whole randomness that gets me. We're both in Vancouver and your timeline is almost identical to mine. CFC received my app on July 3rd, interviews completed on July 26th. It's been sitting at the BC CFO ever since. I call in to check every week or two and it's the same thing "They're really backlogged over there". Gah!!
    Finally!!!

Called the CFC again today and even they thought my application was taking unusually long so they emailed the BC CFO for me. Later this morning I received a call and after a few quick followup questions my RPAL is finally processed and approved - 113 calendar days after it was received. Now it's up to the mailman to deliver.

Just did the in-person filling for my RPAL license at the Sureté du Québec this morning. Now, the waiting game begin, I have the feeling it's going to take WAYYYYY to much time to get through the process, Quebec being the special child of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by IR0NMAN View Post
    Just did the in-person filling for my RPAL license at the Sureté du Québec this morning. Now, the waiting game begin, I have the feeling it's going to take WAYYYYY to much time to get through the process, Quebec being the special child of Canada.
    I sent my stuff last week of september beginning october and it still didnt show online

Good luck to you ! keep us posted

I passed non-restricted and restricted tests on October 5th. I just got my tests back on the 25th and mailed them out yesterday with the application. I don't expect this to be an expedient process. I figured that I'll be lucky to get everything approved and through before the new year. Can't be excited or rushed about it. That will just make it seem longer.

Anyone Else having problems with RCMP's application check website? I have been getting an error msg for 3 or 4 days now.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm

"October 26, 2012 - Web Services system outage
    In order to update the system, the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program’s licence and registration services, including verification service, Business Web Services, Individual Web Services and Public Agency Web Services, will be affected by a system outage, starting on Friday, October 26, 2012, at 00:01 and ending on Monday, October 29, 2012, at 23:59. Service at the CFP’s call centre will be reduced to general information inquiries only because the Canadian Firearms Information System will be unavailable. "

Hey there. I sent in my PAL app and test results on April 12, 2012 the website says it was received on April 20, 2012. As of October 20, 2012 I still have not received my PAL and the site still says it is processing. They have done nothing to contact me or my contacts. I have contacted them a number of times and have been redirected to the provincial centre in Edmonton where I have been told there is nothing I can do to help move things along. I apparently am not able to speak with a firearms officer processing my application and was told not to have my contacts call in. 6 month wait seems really, really long. Anyone have experience like this, or might know whats going on.