Hi CGN Members,
New member here been doing a lot of reading on various topics and thought I'd contribute.
I recently made a purchase at Frontier Firearms and wanted to let other members know about the process.
- Fast order processing and shipping; my order was processed within 24 hours of leaving my credit card information. I got my email with my tracking number right away and it was delivered faster than the expected delivery date
- Friendly phone staff people; I called a couple of times to ask questions and they were very helpful and friendly over the phone
- Credit card payments have to be processed over the phone; so you order online and then call in with your credit card... which leads to point 2..
- Maybe it was the time of the year, but there were a couple of times that I wasn't able to get through because of busy signal and when that happens, there's not way to leave a message
- Accuracy of information?: I was talking to one of the clerks to get my transfer number to get started on my LTATT and he said that I didn't need to do that as the CFC automatically processes that information with my purchase. He also told me that I didn't need a STATT if I were to pick it up at the post office because apparently Canada Post takes care of that. I believe both points to be false given what I've read subsequently on CGN but I'm new to the whole process
All in all, it was a painless and fairly easy process. I did feel that I wasn't given accurate information over the phone, however that may be a function of different provincial rules? (I'm not from Sask). To the more experienced purchaser, I'm sure they wouldn't have the issues that I had. Having said that, I would buy from them again.