Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Marauder kit review, new mags are in stock now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Well, I got mine today....CP just left it at the door!!

Anyway, between getting my Shorty M14 yesterday and this...Christmas definitely came early!

I have to say that this stock is excellent. The weight and fell is very cool and beats the Tapco I had on the 10/22 (will will be up for sale soon). The grip will take getting used too. Setup was straight forward, but I did use the youtube video as guidance. I am always leary about screwing into plastic and buggering up the threads, but this went very well. I have also never taken the trigger mechanism apart before, but it was pretty easy...with guidance from the instructions. I am also not sure about how easy it will be to take the fake suppressor off at a later date, as you do need to rubber mallet it on.

My only question about setup is the four screws that are meant to go into the receiver, below the top rail. I left them out because with them in, the action wouldn't function....??? I am waiting for a G36 handle scope to come now....

Beside the Tapco....

I also have the form seam. Reminded me of a cast seam on the rocker arms of my Ural...nothing to worry about.
    Prost!

Berger

Fake suppressor was easy to get on i just used the fat part of my palm. Just muscle it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    I too have the seam.

As to the suppressor, I can pull mine off by hand, just muscle it.

My new order of replacement feed lips/additional mag, and for-end grip also arrived today.
    Thanks again Hi-cal!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Did you guys install the four bolts into the receiver before installing the top rail?
    Prost!

Berger

Alright so i got my kit a few weeks ago, and just like most of you im really impressed with the look and feel of it, not cheap feeling at all, and looks very well made. The only problem is I now have to wait till xmas to put it all together As I ponder daily the kind of things i want to do to trick it out I also hope to god i got one that doesnt have mag/construction problems being that this is my first build and im new to guns! I want to put an AFG on it but was wondering if anyone knows what one i need to put on it, the longer AFG1 or the shorter AFG2?? and where to get the AFG2 if thats the case, cause it looks like Dave at hical has the regular ones. And where does a guy get a fake can like the one that dude has on his mossberg g36 build? that thing looks badass! Anyhow Im super pumped for xmas so i can spend the whole morning hopefully not screaming and yelling trying to remove the iron sights, assembling the trigger unit, pounding in the reciever, and freaking out cause my mag doesnt work! wish me luck

Is anyone else having serious stovepiping issues with the Marauder mags? I can't fire five rounds without a stovepipe using either of my two 25 rounders, but if I use a factory 10 round mag there is never a single issue. I've tried it with and without the shell, pressing fore and aft and run it clean and dirty, but no matter what at least one in 4 or 5 shots won't eject cleanly (the next round is chambered however).

Unfortunately I can't try the Marauder mags in my other 10/22, as they won't even come close to inserting into the magwell. And using the factory mags in the Marauder shell is a royal PITA.

Any ideas?

This Space For Rent

BANNED
    Farmer Harv are they the gen 1 mags or gen 2 ??If they are the gen 1 just exchange them as the Gen 2 are supposed to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Harv View Post
    Is anyone else having serious stovepiping issues with the Marauder mags? I can't fire five rounds without a stovepipe using either of my two 25 rounders, but if I use a factory 10 round mag there is never a single issue. I've tried it with and without the shell, pressing fore and aft and run it clean and dirty, but no matter what at least one in 4 or 5 shots won't eject cleanly (the next round is chambered however).

Unfortunately I can't try the Marauder mags in my other 10/22, as they won't even come close to inserting into the magwell. And using the factory mags in the Marauder shell is a royal PITA.

Any ideas?
    For me it is a failure to feed issue on a fairly consistent basis when using any brand of hollow points. Not bad results with a solid round nose. With any other mag it will eat any type of ammo as fast as you can pull the trigger. There is no doubt about it there are concerns with this magazine. This is the second version of the magazine, and it sounds like alot of people are still having problems.

Got the guts done. Now the wait for Hical to call re: the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    Farmer Harv are they the gen 1 mags or gen 2 ??If they are the gen 1 just exchange them as the Gen 2 are supposed to be better.
    They're the Gen 2 with steel pins front and back. I think the spare mag even had Nomad on the package, which is about as new as they can get.

This Space For Rent