Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MG 42 Deactivated

CGN Ultra frequent flyer XRCD011's Avatar
    Well Sir as I said they are your guns to do as you see fit. Its so sad they have to be killed to be "saved". Have a great time game hunting in Africa living the adventure most guys here would love to partake in and can only dream of doing (and post lots of pictures please).
    Last edited by XRCD011; 12-23-2012 at 03:24 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Surely we have some fellows out there who can take these into their custody, NOT deactivated...

I love 'em but I would never pay 3000+ for essentially scrap metal.

CGN frequent flyer
    One factor to keep in mind is that a dewat is worth more money than a live gun most times. I am licensed to buy these off of John in a blink of an eye but at the same time I can import the same thing for a fraction of the price. It all boils down to what's something worth to someone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer XRCD011's Avatar
    One last idea on the subject of dewating a "live" gun either CA or FA but has anyone in Canada converted either classes to a sim firing "firearm" for the movie or reenacting communities? Yes the gun would be dead as we know it but it could live on, sort of. I think it would be easier to rework it into a prop simfiring gun before its all welded up.

CGN frequent flyer
    Hate to break it to you but we don't do that in the movie biz, and as long as the frame is in tact it is considered a firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    One factor to keep in mind is that a dewat is worth more money than a live gun most times. I am licensed to buy these off of John in a blink of an eye but at the same time I can import the same thing for a fraction of the price. It all boils down to what's something worth to someone.
    How sad is that... We've created a society where a deactivated MG42 is worth thousands of dollars when in actuality, we should be allowed to own them as is.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post

How sad is that... We've created a society where a deactivated MG42 is worth thousands of dollars when in actuality, we should be allowed to own them as is.

I agree my friend. I can still remember walking in to OSS and buying one for $600 with my FAC, oh, and I got to pick from half a dozen of them. God I miss the 80s

CGN Regular
    In a country where no one gives sh1t this is par for the game.
    "The semi-automatic weapons’ menacing looks, coupled with the public’s confusion over fully automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons — anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun — can only increase that chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." — Josh Sugarmann, 1988

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123