Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

Quote Originally Posted by MCP View Post
    You could always add your own keyed option if your handy
    And there lies the impasse, between a solution, and a not-so-handy man lol

Quote Originally Posted by MCP View Post
    Restricted Storage requirements: Attach a secure locking device so the firearms cannot be fired and lock them in a cabinet, container or room that is difficult to break into; or
    Lock the firearms in a vault, safe or room that was built or modified specifically to store firearms safely.

Dictionary definitions:
    Safe: any receptacle or structure for the storage or preservation of articles:

Lock: a device for securing a door, gate, lid, drawer, or the like in position when closed, consisting of a bolt or system of bolts propelled and withdrawn by a mechanism operated by a key, dial, etc.

Key: something that affords a means of access:

I would say it meets the dictionary definition of a safe. There is no criminal code definition of a safe, and so no matter what you say it is open to interpretation. I don't remember who it was or where but there was a guy yrs ago who's safe was broken into over a few days while he was away. I believe he still got charged. I am sure someone with more knowledge will join in.
    I think you are better off putting a firearm in one of these than a CT stack-on gun "safe". If you don't know there is a safe, you don't know what to break in to
    I agree with your definitions and reasoning. A judge might also. However, as you referred to, the reality is that whether you are right or wrong will not stop you being arrested, having the police recommend charges, and having some "motivated" crown counsel laying charges and prosecuting you. An expensive & stressful experience...
    I say, always err on the side of caution.
    Last edited by bcbravo2zero; 10-31-2014 at 12:09 AM.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

A fingerprint scanner would be best

Think they need a better locking system. Now that you know what unlocks it what's stopping people from just carrying around a magnet?

What do you need a magnet for ? just rip the shelf of the wall and take the whole thing with you. i like the idea but no thanks

Cool idea, and I'd totally buy one, except I certainyl don't think they meet storage requirements of restricted.
    Wouldn't want to have this and trigger locks.

They just need to beef up security of the locking system, and they might have me
    Attaining a lifestyle nothing short of enviable...essentially, living the dream.

BANNED
    Alright question, hypothetically, if I put the mirror in my walk in closet and have a solid locking door on my closet would it count? The mirror locks and is secured to the wall and the door is locked and there are no windows in the closet.

Great, I showed this thread to my wife and she says you can now build us some storage shelving on my vacation. Drats, I was hoping to go hunting next week. May have to put off shelves for a month......
    I ride a m/c. If you TEXT, drive and injure or kill me. Well my dad says life is not worth living. I don't know if that means him or you.

BANNED
    Here's the long and the short of it...

Regardless if you store your guns in a safe, drawer, shelf or a mirror; if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, you're going to be in trouble. Past cases prove that. The decision is now on you as to how you want to store your firearms in order to keep you and your family safe.

I recommend that if you buy one of these and the RCMP contacts you to set up a date for inspection, you should probably store your firearms in a proper safe and lock them up. I find it unlikely that they will deem one of these as proper storage.

We can sit here and debate it all day. We all know the silly rules and it's up to you as to how far you want to stretch them.

(Flame Suit On)

bada$$