Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 Gremlin Trigger issue with the latest batch of CZ 858's from Wolverine.

BANNED
    These posts are incredible....it's seems that everone on the last few pages are basically stating the cz 858s are junk WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Mini 30 if anything
    But firearm expert Wendy Cukier wrote (pg 9 and 10 of this pdf) that the Ruger mini 14 "is mechanically the same as the US M1 Garand" and that "While the M-16 was designed as a military firearm, Ruger adapted the design to the Ruger Mini-14." I don't know if I'm capable of handling such awesomeness. I'm not worthy.

On a more serious note. I am extremely happy with my CZ858. Of the pieces I own, it is my favorite or 2nd favorite rifle.

From Wolverine :

Sorry for the delays in responding, I will get you the parts so you don’t need to shim anything. Just got to make sure everything is good and I will ship them out to you.

Thanks,
    Dave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Great - the flash in the pan is out.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaebz View Post
    From Wolverine :

Sorry for the delays in responding, I will get you the parts so you don’t need to shim anything. Just got to make sure everything is good and I will ship them out to you.

Thanks,
    Dave
    I'm wondering what parts they will send. Anyone can guess? Tabbed carrier? That's interesting. And now what - anyone who got their 858 can request it ? I can see some folks would do it just in case, even thier 858 is still doing good.

I'm so happy I didn't buy one of these pieces of junk! I bought an sks years ago just because it was a cheap semi auto. I didn't expect anything great from it at the time. I can honestly say that the sks is my favorite semi auto rifle I own. Never had a misfire, jam, or breakdown of any kind. Really easy to take down with no tools. I just love it! I highly recommend sks to any shooter that has never had one. As for them not being very accurate all I can say is I can hit a steel gong at 200 meters with iron sights evey time.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    I'm so happy I didn't buy one of these pieces of junk! I bought an sks years ago just because it was a cheap semi auto. I didn't expect anything great from it at the time. I can honestly say that the sks is my favorite semi auto rifle I own. Never had a misfire, jam, or breakdown of any kind. Really easy to take down with no tools. I just love it! I highly recommend sks to any shooter that has never had one. As for them not being very accurate all I can say is I can hit a steel gong at 200 meters with iron sights evey time.
    Now prepare to be BBQ'd in this thread.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by onurb View Post
    SKS is and always will be used by 3rd world uneducated, communist or Muslim, canonfodder, and by you! I'd rather have some pride in ownership than having something that just goes boom and you can buy by the truckload. The SKS is a poor man's deer rifle
    Last edited by icelink; 05-26-2016 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamfyre View Post
    I did not pay $1200 for mine. Mine is from an earlier batch. Are you guys saying you would be ok paying $1200 for a CSA but not for a CZ? If you're not saying that, what would you recommend as a better, non-restricted alternative at or below said price range? SKS? Type 81?
    The CSA was manufactured with new parts, the CZ's were/are parts kit guns from surplus parts bins. I'd always expect the CSA to cost more. I thought the latest batch of CZ were a little overpriced and held off. I'm okay with my decision.

Yeah your right. I should spend more on rifles. Who cares if they don't go boom. The mini 30 doesn't always go boom. Maybe I'll buy that piece of junk. I should get rid of my cheap reliable rifles and buy overpriced ones because I'll look cool at the range and when friends come over.
    Last edited by onurb; 05-26-2016 at 07:37 AM.