Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter woes...................

CGN Ultra frequent flyer drifter dave's Avatar
    Meanwhile in Vancouver...

G96 smells awesome.
    Member, CSSA & CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Learning to get a weather report before going out the door and some simple common sense would have kept 90% of those people from getting stranded. Want to see epic retardation? Check out the highway between Calgary and Edmonton in the winter. Perfectly strait and six lanes, yet tons of people in the ditch daily. Not driving like an ###### is a good skill too....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    if something ever happenned like this on my way to work or home i probably just leave the car there , im already ready to work outside with the job i do ! just have 12km beisde work and home
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by P-J View Post
    My advice? 42" plus tires, beadlocks & 1-3 psi, and a healthy V8... :D

HELL YEAH! can't wait for my taco to be sitting on 4ds and tons!

37s get the job done for now

us picture.
    Better have good tire lol!
    Where the stars shine at night!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fall Guy's Avatar
    ^Great pics. And with the warmer temps and rain forecast.....there will be roof collapses and flooding everywhere. Man, could it get any worse for the greater Buffalo area?

Quote Originally Posted by Fall Guy View Post
    ^Great pics. And with the warmer temps and rain forecast.....there will be roof collapses and flooding everywhere. Man, could it get any worse for the greater Buffalo area?
    yeah, they're in buffalo

Why doesn't any one have their emergency whiskey ration listed in their preparedness kit. Who needs gloves and a toque when you have bourbon.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nokia View Post
    Why doesn't any one have their emergency whiskey ration listed in their preparedness kit. Who needs gloves and a toque when you have bourbon.
    Two reasons: The RCMP would pull up on a dog sled and STILL hit you for open liquor and if my winter survival instructor is to be believed, alcohol actually makes you lose heat faster. On the other hand, I remember lots of guys running snowmobile poker derbies back in Manitoba with a bottle of "antifreeze" tucked into their jacket.

Another tip for vehicles that occurred to me one the way home tonight is to keep your gas tank as full as possible and again; for two reasons. The first is it helps prevent frost from forming inside which melts back into water. Any amount of water in the gas tank is obviously bad. The second reason is if you get stranded or diverted, you have lots of fuel. I guess technically there's a third reason since pretty much all new vehicles use the fuel itself to cool the fuel pump so never run below 1/4 tank remaining regardless of the weather.
    "Arm yourself because no one else here will save you." - Chris Cornell

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast