Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HSM .44 Mag "Bear Load" in a Rossi 92?

mares leg in a holster with 24 round belt from beaver mountain works in BC. carries like a dream and doesn't look half bad either.

yes BOOM is hard to quantify, just wondering if its a significant increase in the standard rounds. the last post tells me a lot. really i just wondered how much it would up the giggle factor ha. and out of my stock ranch hand ive never had a jam, a misfire or FTE or FTF.

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    what does with gas check mean? I read that and was curious when I bought the ammo.

This bullet has a "gas check" on the base of it (notice the copper). A gas check will prevent powder expansion gas from "gas cutting" a lead projectile which will "leading the barrel" very quickly. Think of a gas check as a copper "wad" that helps not only against the problem of gas leaking past the bullet, but also to ensure the powder is imparting the most of its potential on the base of that bullet.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post

This bullet has a "gas check" on the base of it (notice the copper). A gas check will prevent powder expansion gas from "gas cutting" a lead projectile which will "leading the barrel" very quickly. Think of a gas check as a copper "wad" that helps not only against the problem of gas leaking past the bullet, but also to ensure the powder is imparting the most of its potential on the base of that bullet.
    Well then, its a good thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhowlsatmoon View Post

mares leg in a holster with 24 round belt from beaver mountain works in BC. carries like a dream and doesn't look half bad either.

yes BOOM is hard to quantify, just wondering if its a significant increase in the standard rounds. the last post tells me a lot. really i just wondered how much it would up the giggle factor ha. and out of my stock ranch hand ive never had a jam, a misfire or FTE or FTF.
    That is a very nice-looking rig that you have there ... I could have used one like that yesterday. When I bought my Ranch Hand in the summer of 2011 I (like everyone else) naturally researched a variety of holsters, but never actually bought one. I was thanking of a rig similar to yours, but with a removable Sam Brown strap (like on a Mountie's dress uniform) that would run diagonally from the "off" shoulder down to the holster area ... to help support the weight of the firearm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    " ... thinking of a rig ... " not thanking

Why no EDIT function?

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    Well then, its a good thing.
    A necessity really whenever high psi cartridges are topped off with lead boolits

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12