Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

Quote Originally Posted by Carssman View Post
    So I'm thinking (actually torn over the two) either the p762 or the norc NP-58 (p226)that marstar has.

Keep in mind it will be my First hand pistol purchase. Ones a neat exotic type cal that after reading this thread has enticed me while the other is .40SW is not as common as say 9mm I should be able to source ammo anywhere.

Suggestions? Both come in around the same price and both are sig replicas. Is there any difference in the quality of the two makes?

TIA
    I certainly agree on the 9mm or 22lr recommendation and I don't even own a 9!
    I do have a .40 and the 7.62X25. Neither round is a forgiving "1st pistol" choice.
    I started with bigger calibers (.40, .45, X25) pistols and I'm still trying to train myself out of the "recoil anticipation" bug!
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.-The Pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Steak View Post
    Hey everyone, Just got back from the range!
    First off its pretty accurate and reliable. Fits nice in the hand as well.
    -50 rounds of Chinese non corrosive functioned really well.
    -60 rounds of Czech no problems
    -60 Bulgarian??? It might be Romanian as well (can't read it LoL) It had 3 FTF but a second strike of the hammer set them off
    -50 rounds of S&B commercial no problems
    So all in all the Chinese stuff shot the best for me.

EDIT; Big thanks to Canada Ammo for bringing these awesome pistols in :D
    Finally got mine to the range today. Will not cycle Czech lacquered steel case ammo at all. Fired 7 rounds total. First 6 ejected correctly but pistol would not feed without a tap on the rear of the slide. Last round failed to eject entirely requiring pistol to be disassembled in order to remove the stuck case. Hopefully my old stash of Norc yellow box brass works better next time.

Anyone used S&B through theirs yet?
    Last edited by eos; 09-20-2014 at 07:12 PM.
    "They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
    Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
    They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
    They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them."

-Laurence Binyon "For The Fallen"

i ordered one too. waited years for someone to finally make something modern for this round and i think they chose the perfect platform. so i ordered a few boxes of the norinco ammo for it as well, headed to the range and the first few rounds went off no problem and then the cases would get stuck and require me to manually remove each one each time. so i would take it apart, clean out the barrel, put it back together again, and the first few rounds would cycle without a hitch and then i'd have the same problem again. contacted can.ammo, told me to send it in for repair/inspection and now waiting. really sucks because i was really psyched to finally have it and then this happens. wasn't going to post about this but then i saw "eos'" post so.. anybody else run into any issues? also one of the mags had the bottom pin slightly off-center making reassembly difficult. got to admit that accuracy was spot on to about 100yrds(as long as i did my part). nice fireball too, reminds me a little of the fire from the guns in "Logan's Run" :D recoil is very manageable.

I was fortunate to have bought a case of Czech 7.62X25, but with brass cases. I have seen/heard of three variations of this ammo:

- brass case/copper jacket (mine);
    - brass case/cupronickel jacket; and
    - steel case/copper jacket.

I will try it this Fall and report back.

Last edited by Andy; 09-23-2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Andy

Since 1958

Suggestions?
    TIA
    Don't buy a sig (or sig clone) in .40 for your first pistol. Speaking from experience

I would suggest starting w/ 9mm, in whichever platform fits you best. Many other will say .22, but 9mm worked for me (ended up with a Grand Power in 9mm). .40 didn't, especially with the high bore axis of the P226 frame. I can only imagine the x25 round to be similarly punishing for a new shooter in terms of snappiness. This gun seems like a very cool opportunity though, if was to buy a Sig clone again I would go for the x25 over .40, if nothing but for the unique/cool factor and price of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    It's crying for a polish, and deep blue. Looks pretty good out of the box though.
    Tough to get a nice blue on aluminum. My NP58's frame and slide didn't match up perfectly, though it sounds like they've improved their finishing quality across the board. All in all, well done CanAm.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    Don't buy a sig (or sig clone) in .40 for your first pistol. Speaking from experience

I would suggest starting w/ 9mm, in whichever platform fits you best. Many other will say .22, but 9mm worked for me (ended up with a Grand Power in 9mm). .40 didn't, especially with the high bore axis of the P226 frame. I can only imagine the x25 round to be similarly punishing for a new shooter in terms of snappiness. This gun seems like a very cool opportunity though, if was to buy a Sig clone again I would go for the x25 over .40, if nothing but for the unique/cool factor and price of ammo.

Tough to get a nice blue on aluminum. My NP58's frame and slide didn't match up perfectly, though it sounds like they've improved their finishing quality across the board. All in all, well done CanAm.
    Out of curiosity, what is it about the Sig platform that doesn't make a good first pistol in your opinion? They are rather complicated I found, my Beretta 92 clone (Girsan Regard) is my favourite. Smoothest pistol I own, and in polished nickel too, like a boss :D

The rather large stainless steel slide and high bore axis make for a bit more muzzle flip compared to what you'd see from a G17, 92, M&P 9, XDm 9, or almost any other. The USP 9 might have comparable flip, what with having the same issues with the slide. I love the 226 to death, however, and will someday have another!
    If your only political involvement is voting, you don't actually care. Move aside and let the people be heard.

Get involved in your community!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    I'm reading up on the 7.62x25 Tokarev round. Is it my fevered imagination, or would a gun that takes the Tok cartridge also be capable of fitting the 10mm Auto with only slight adjustment?

Tokarev 10mm Auto

Base diameter 9.83 mm (0.387 in) 10.80 mm (0.425 in)
    Rim diameter 9.96 mm (0.392 in) 10.80 mm (0.425 in)
    Rim thickness 1.32 mm (0.052 in) 1.40 mm (0.055 in)
    Case length 25.0 mm (0.98 in) 25.20 mm (0.992 in)
    Overall length 34.0 mm (1.34 in) 32.00 mm (1.260 in)

Jeez but I have some crazy ideas sometimes.....

[Sorry, but the measurements I entered won't format the way I created them in the editor. Tokarev measurements on the left...10mm measurements on the right]
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

CGN Regular
    Just got mine today, so far really impressed

So I'm thinking (actually torn over the two) either the p762 or the norc NP-58 (p226)that marstar has.

Keep in mind it will be my First hand pistol purchase. Ones a neat exotic type cal that after reading this thread has enticed me while the other is .40SW is not as common as say 9mm I should be able to source ammo anywhere.

Suggestions? Both come in around the same price and both are sig replicas. Is there any difference in the quality of the two makes?

TIA
    I don't know if I agree with the 9mm as a first. I find shooting a 45 far easier. The 9mm has a lot of torque for me. I've never fired the 10mm so I can't comment on that. As suggested the .22 might be a good learning caliber.