Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Black Sabertooth SKS stocks Online now!

Quote Originally Posted by hical.ca View Post
    We have left it to use the Standard detachable SKS duckbill mag, they are plentiful & work well...
    ^ but unfortunately only hold #5 rounds.

As others have stated making the most awesome SKS stock available w/o the ability to run 10Rd. magazines kinda takes a way a lot of the coolness that is such a sweet stock.

I realize the rifle would need to be modded to accept #10 Rd. mag.'s, so either offer complete rifles modded in house or a kit for the home smith to do it themselves. Either way (to me) it would make the cost of the stock much easier to swallow if I also got the option to run #10Rd. mag.'s too.
    (maybe a billet stock for standard duckbill mag.'s and another one that's capable of operating with #10Rd. mag.'s might be what's needed?)

Regardless I do appreciate the effort made to bring another cool product to market for Canadian shooters.

Cheers D
    Last edited by Zeroed-In; 04-02-2016 at 03:33 PM.
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

We just got a fresh batch of Black Sabertooth SKS stock in, find them in the store, including built ones or online, HERE
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

So any news on whether or not it can work with an sks-d?

We have not tried it with a D model, so no firm answer. By the look & size of the magwell there should be lots of room, maybe some fitting where the mag release is located.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Just got a new shipment of these Gen 2 stocks. They are milled from a single piece of billet aluminium & are in stock, We also offer all the combos to complete your builds, on special, HERE.

So...since you guys offer both the Sabertooth stock (in black only? Or OD as well?), AND the 10-rd XCR-L magazine conversion...can you build me an SKS with both? Because for having the build done in one place, I'll spend the $$$...otherwise I'll just get the mag conversion kit and throw it into a Tapco stock...
    “And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing! Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! You got the right same as anyone to live and... try to kill people.” - Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Wonder if these stocks would handle the recoil of 12g slugs from that little under barrel shotgun that is being developed? Anyone got a thought on that?

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf_3063 View Post
    So...since you guys offer both the Sabertooth stock (in black only? Or OD as well?), AND the 10-rd XCR-L magazine conversion...can you build me an SKS with both? Because for having the build done in one place, I'll spend the $$$...otherwise I'll just get the mag conversion kit and throw it into a Tapco stock...
    Thats what I wanted to do so I contacted Matador directly and asked about compatibility

They sent me this:

Thanks for your inquiry. Sorry, but the Sabertooth isn't compatible with the 10 round mag conversions. And we are way too busy keeping up with demand on this version to even be thinking about another version right now!

Thanks,

Matador Arms

My SKS lives in an ATI Dragunov stock now and an XCR conversion kit is on its way.....

Would it be possible to modify the sabertooth stock to make it accommodate the mag adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tcost View Post
    Would it be possible to modify the sabertooth stock to make it accommodate the mag adapter?
    Are we talking modify existing or tweak the design?

Cos if its modify the existing then it sounds like the answer is a solid no (from the guy who makes them)

If its tweak the design he don't seem very interested but really at that price point I would only consider the stock if it were compatible

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast