Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: CFB Petawawa CQB Clinic 27-28 June 2015 - Debrief here! Pics up!

Business Member
    Now that we are yakking about magazine and pouch and other gear preparation....

Badboybeeson the owner (or something like that) of S&J Hardware in Trenton has a deal right NOW on OKAY magazines and they are gov't contract / milspec or whatever you call it. But they are good to go. Here is the thread in his dealer forum:

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...t-mags-15-99ea!!

The reason I am pushing this arrangement is because he ensures that they are machine drilled and riveted for EXACTLY 5.5 rds so that you 5/30 magazine lovers can use a USGI magazine that IS Canadian compliant and will work for you in our competitions.

Now you could always use an LAR 10 rd pistol magazine and with 5 rounds, there is no issue loading on a forward AR15 bolt (gives you 5 + 1). Or you could use one of them new and more $$ Beowulf .50 magazines or whatever they call them.

It's all doable, but for the purist in our crowd, the 5/30 magazines from Okay business are GTG!

I've used them in my many years of Service Rifle shooting!

Barney

Can I bring my wife so she can watch us in action?
    "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, And we'll all stay free!"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog333 View Post
    Can I bring my wife so she can watch us in action?

Yes sure . Spectators are allowed but no pets .

Also, I'm looking for some vz58 mags. Would love to buy some at the clinic if people are selling...

Liking the "CQB Gear Preparation Blog" you posted Hungry.

Any suggestions for a very basic oh $h1t kit for AR-15. So far all I have is a few spare firing pins.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog333 View Post
    Also, I'm looking for some vz58 mags. Would love to buy some at the clinic if people are selling...
    Please pm me if anyone is willing to sell 858 mags at the clinic. Also bring any extra bits, pieces, gear, guns and parts thereof to hock and some cash to shop. I don't know if this happens to you but I always end up with extra things that for one reason or another didn't work or has been super ceded by faster, better looking tech. See you all in a month!

At the range today familiarizing myself with my nork m4, this was pretty much the first time I used it extensively. I had doubled up on the ear protection, but the dlask brake was still quite loud. I'll be replacing it with a linear comp. If anyone has one for sale let me know (Edit: nevermind, just ordered one from SJ Hardware)

Otherwise all went well, got optics more or less dialed in for 50 yrds, and the cheap ebay rings seemed to more or less keep zero when removed and reinstalled. Next week will dial in the iron sights.
    Last edited by john@; 06-01-2015 at 11:32 PM.

BANNED
    Barney is getting soft as he was letting everyone practice in the shade last year ...no pushups ...no shoot better stick ....nothing at all like the old PPCLI methods of teaching ..lol

I don't know. That looks pretty exhausting to me.
    Can I bring my lounge chair with the cup holder on the arm? It's camo.

Do we know yet if 45 acp is a go this year?