Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: JARD J48 rifle

Well I had hope for the Jard. But if the first batch are garbage and already being returned to the store for rebuilds, I will never contemplate owning one. Its pathetic that Jard was selling a product they expected Canadians to beta test for them.

Expried Business Member
    Garbage may be a bit strong of a term but there are few things we and Jard want to take care of before they re-hit the Canadian market. Ill keep everyone updated in this thread as we move along.

Cheers,

Gary

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    The J48 has a lot of potential , it has a lot of good things going for it. It's light,accurate,really nice trigger, nice barrel and it's nice to shoulder,point,carry,etc. it just needs a few function issues worked out. Maybe Jard was a bit over exited to get this to market. If they can get this right ,at $1450 it will be a big seller. Jard and it's owner is very approachable and will get it sorted out , and with Wanstalls as a supporting dealer, it's a good combination.
    Last edited by Brianma65; 05-27-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Well I had hope for the Jard. But if the first batch are garbage and already being returned to the store for rebuilds, I will never contemplate owning one. Its pathetic that Jard was selling a product they expected Canadians to beta test for them.
    Quit being a Debbie Downer.

After seeing some pictures in this thread and range reports, and how Jard is handling issues that have come up, I think I may need to get one. My wife is showing an interest in 3 gun, and wants to potentially paint her gun purple. I'd feel a lot less bad armacoating one of these in purple than a Tavor or XCR ha. Thanks for bringing them in.

CGN Regular
    Tell then to up date it with a keymod forend

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Tell then to up date it with a keymod forend
    Other than the way the rails attach, it's very close to the keymod forend on the XCR-l , that I had.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    It's quite ugly but I probably want one. I'm not keen on the hand guard. It should have full rails installed (for iron sights) and ambi safety. Those are essential. I'd like the option of a full 15 inch railed hand guard. Please add a birdcage flash eliminator. What is the barrel diameter? If I want a clamp on sight, is that possible due to diameter?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

I've been watching out for this rifle for awhile. I hope it all works out.

I don't really get all the "it's so ugly, urrmehgeeerrrrddd!!!" I guess it's just preference. It's design is simple, some might say, utilitarian, but ugly? Some one mentioned the MR-1 earlier. Now for me, that's a weird looking gun.

I agree with some things though. It needs a full length top rail. Some things they should have/could have done. Thread barrel at the least, left side charging, rear stock position could be a bit higher...etc.

I'd like this thing to be good/successful, but it was mentioned they're really motivated to get this thing out there? Well do some more testing, get some videos out of the rifle, get samples out to independent reviewers. Has there been any mention of materials? Steel? Aluminum? Need to see that take down video.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    Looks like we will have to postpone the release of this latest run of Jard 48 rifles as we have to take a look at a few issues that have caused some FTF and FTE on some of these guns on the latest run. Jard is currently make some new parts with hardened metal to fix these issues and we'll look at re releasing these rifles with upgraded parts as soon as we can. JARD is a really good company to deal with and is aggressively trying to establish this rifle in the Canadian market! Will keep you posted...
    That's a pretty quick response. It's much better to fix early and it's nice to see companies resolving issues soon rather than later.
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

I for one have full faith in wanstalls. I might have to wait a lil bit before I have it in my hands but eventually they'll make it good.