Page 98 of 123 FirstFirst ... 788890919293949596979899100101102103104105106108118 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

CGN Regular
    What is the approx overall length of the modern hunter?

I know it comes with a few different barrel and stock options, I would be looking at the magpul ctr stock and 18.6" or 20" barrel.

Just after a rough guesstimit as I haven't been able to find any information posted.
    Last edited by delboybc; 07-22-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delboybc View Post
    What is the approx overall length of the modern hunter?

I know it comes with a few different barrel and stock options, I would be looking at the magpul ctr stock and 18.6" or 20" barrel.

Just after a rough guesstimit as I haven't been able to find any information posted.

Mine is 39.75". That is with a PRS stock slightly extended, 18.6" Proof barrel & ATRS muzzle brake.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Just packing 6.5CM it's going on a 2Lb diet (new thin 6.5CM barrel)
    Be coming back with the 338 upper as well

Just need to decide whether to mail or purolator
    Anyone hear any thing about the mail strike?
    Last edited by carverk; 07-26-2016 at 02:01 AM.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    Just packing 6.5CM it's going on a 2Lb diet (new thin 6.5CM barrel)
    Be coming back with the 338 upper as well

Just need to decide whether to mail or purolator
    Anyone hear any thing about the mail strike?
    Canada Post and their union agreed to a sort of 'truce" back on July 8th or 11th to push back any lockouts or strikes by 30 days. This is the 8th or 11th depending on if it counted as Friday or Monday, but either way you are in the clear to ship by Canada Post to us (assuming 5-8 business day delivery), but we will definitely need to keep a close eye on that situation coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Canada Post and their union agreed to a sort of 'truce" back on July 8th or 11th to push back any lockouts or strikes by 30 days. This is the 8th or 11th depending on if it counted as Friday or Monday, but either way you are in the clear to ship by Canada Post to us (assuming 5-8 business day delivery), but we will definitely need to keep a close eye on that situation coming up.
    I mailed the upper yesterday and was told 3 Business days for delivery
    Sent out E-Trasfer today for the cost of rebarrelling and shipping the two uppers
    We might have to come up with an alternative method to sending back the two uppers Depending on what's hapning with the strike
    Last edited by carverk; 07-28-2016 at 12:24 AM.

Just my upper as it is just over 4Kg ! (No optics or accessories or Bolt carrier That's just the upper)

Just to heavy for shooting off hand

Last edited by carverk; 07-28-2016 at 12:28 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    What is the baseline weight of te MH? I can't find it any where. The barrel weights are on the Web site which helps.

Is it possible to install an ambidextrous safety post production?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobc View Post
    What is the baseline weight of te MH? I can't find it any where. The barrel weights are on the Web site which helps.

Is it possible to install an ambidextrous safety post production?
    The absolute lightest (and most expensive) it can be is about 8lbs with a proof CF barrel, and CF handguard, and KFS rear stock.

I'm told very clearly that there's no need to go with more than the 18.6" barrel as little can be gained in terms of velocity with longer tubes.

Not sure about the post production safety install....I'm sure Shaun or Rick will pipe in on that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    The absolute lightest (and most expensive) it can be is about 8lbs with a proof CF barrel, and CF handguard, and KFS rear stock.

I'm told very clearly that there's no need to go with more than the 18.6" barrel as little can be gained in terms of velocity with longer tubes.

Not sure about the post production safety install....I'm sure Shaun or Rick will pipe in on that.
    The Fortis is actually lighter, but only marginally. Certainly not worth it considering it is colder to hold in winter than the PRI, louder than the PRI due to branches/twigs snagging and "tinging" the metal, and lastly the Fortis flexes under bipod load to the point it may contact the gas block affecting barrel harmonics. For these reasons I believe the PRI is the way to go on the MH.

In the case of the barrel, as GGG mentioned, the longer barrel vs the 18.6" only adds about 30fps in the case of .308, not sure about the other calibers.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    The PRI is very pleasing to the touch, and wont be frigid cold in the dead of winter.

The ATRS boys told me that ALL of their personal ones are 18.6".... that sold me. Well, sort of. I ended up with a 20" CF barrel, but only because they had an extra and it got me my MH earlier. I should weigh mine for data for everyone.....

-J.