Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense - Update

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cbabes View Post
    Agreed
    Both shop have always had excellent pricing and customer service. That's not likely to change any time soon.

I will try and answer all of your questions and concerns;
    Mr. Hipwell,

Please explain how, as the lone dealer of 'DD' products & warranty claims in Canada, you'll determine which products were bought from authorized Canadian dealers and which weren't ?

Or how am I supposed to know if a part I buy from an online-only dealer was acquired via this "grey-market" ?

Say I had a defective 10" M4 quad-rail hand guard, how would you handle my claim in respect to these matters ? I assume a receipt ?

Firstly Wolverine is not a lone dealer, we are the Canadian distributor, Daniel Defense products will be available through all our stocking dealers. Any “bonafide” retail gun store can apply to open an account with us. Warranty for firearms will simply be determined by serial # and we will honor the warranty on all DD firearms that were a previous legitimate import, we are not going to get picky on previous imports. DD will be honoring outstanding back orders to One Shot Tactical and we will honor the warranty on them. Moving forward there is no warranty on “Grey Imports”.

Providing a receipt is a sure way to determine warranty. Pat and I spent two days with DD and after touring their facility and observing their QC in practice, I am not anticipating many warranty claims. Wolverine has always stood behind what we sell.

We have placed a huge booking order with DD so we can offer a good dealer discount and keep the Canadian retail (in most cases) slightly below the US retail. Deliveries are spaced

Very disappointing to see another supplier lose their ability to sell these quality products, hopefully you will still offer competitive prices even without the competition.
    Not true any Canadian dealer is free to open an account with us, we will be carrying a full inventory of parts to support our dealers.

Do you intend to push DD as hard as the last Canadian distributor did? Will you also be hosting range days with the DD pros like Larry Vickers?
    We have had discussions with DD to visit us and conduct seminars for Canadian dealers, this needs to happen first but due to our building expansion it may not happen this year. We would be happy to assist in setting up any other range days as requested.

Both shop have always had excellent pricing and customer service. That's not likely to change any time soon.
    Thank you, this is not likely to change for the worse, supplies should be better.

We have several e-mails and calls concerning inventory levels. We have orders placed and should be receiving regular deliveries throughout next year. Our orders for carbines are spaced out throughout the year. Major components will be a few months time, stripped lowers should be midyear. We will publish a full price list ASAP. Due to recent events in the US I think it may be harder for us to reach our anticipated stock levels as quickly as we had planned. We are waiting for confirmation on when the MK18 will be leaving the US.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gravyboat View Post
    Do you intend to push DD as hard as the last Canadian distributor did? Will you also be hosting range days with the DD pros like Larry Vickers?
    Distributor? WHO? Pushed hard? ?? whats that? CGN posts... LOL

Someone else Imported Daniel Defense to Distribute to a Dealer Network? Or did they Import them just to sell themselves? There is a difference.

Range days? Larry and friends came up for a DEMO day.

You need to be a little more mature with your whining.

Darren from OST does a great job. He will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post

Someone else Imported Daniel Defense to Distribute to a Dealer Network? Or did they Import them just to sell themselves? There is a difference.

Rev
    you dont know what you talking about on this one.
    Best take a seat.

At the back of the class

bbb

Quote Originally Posted by rivetc78 View Post

Well Rivet that's two threads I've replied in, and not to you, that you have directed a personal comment at me. Got something you need to get off your chest big guy? Is it hug time?
    I sleep soundly at night on MyPillow™ knowing that the Lord sent his prophet, Donald J. Trump to be my President. Birds aren't real. Liebrel Reptilians control the WEF. They're putting 5Gs in the jab. Alex tried to warn us.

CGN Regular
    Wolverine, Thank you for the replies. I understand the supply issues coming out of the US, I've been frantically buying parts for a build to get them before they run out.

I can say for anyone worrying about the service level at Wolverine, that I have bought an XCR in the past from Wolverine, and got great treatment. I have also done business with OST and had a great experience. Perhaps they can work together to ensure the supply of DD products stays high, and prices stay low. Hopefully Wolverine will offer dealer pricing in such a way that will keep the market competitive. I also hope that the new US supply, once things have stabilised down there, will force the prices to stay low at least on complete firearms.

Wolverine, I assume by "grey market" you are referring to irunguns and their new setup. I have to take issue with calling them grey market, everything they do is completely above board and legal, they are just offering more competition than Canadian retailers have been used to. I have seen several retailers trying to scare buyers into only purchasing from them by threatening to not honour warranties, and I find this offensive. The market thrives on competition, and the only way their presence should be of concern is if they begin selling guns at a loss with the specific goal of running Canadian retailers out of business. I haven't seen any signs of that so far, and I hope it never happens.
    Last edited by my_2_cents; 01-04-2013 at 02:25 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gravyboat View Post
    Well Rivet that's two threads I've replied in, and not to you, that you have directed a personal comment at me. Got something you need to get off your chest big guy? Is it hug time?
    Can I have a hug?
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by my_2_cents View Post
    Wolverine, Thank you for the replies. I understand the supply issues coming out of the US, I've been frantically buying parts for a build to get them before they run out.

I can say for anyone worrying about the service level at Wolverine, that I have bought an XCR in the past from Wolverine, and got great treatment. I have also done business with OST and had a great experience. Perhaps they can work together to ensure the supply of DD products stays high, and prices stay low. Hopefully Wolverine will offer dealer pricing in such a way that will keep the market competitive. I also hope that the new US supply, once things have stabilised down there, will force the prices to stay low at least on complete firearms.

Wolverine, I assume by "grey market" you are referring to irunguns and their new setup. I have to take issue with calling them grey market, everything they do is completely above board and legal, they are just offering more competition than Canadian retailers have been used to. I have seen several retailers trying to scare buyers into only purchasing from them by threatening to not honour warranties, and I find this offensive. The market thrives on competition, and the only way their presence should be of concern is if they begin selling guns at a loss with the specific goal of running Canadian retailers out of business. I haven't seen any signs of that so far, and I hope it never happens.
    I believe grey market would be ones that came without the proper paper work. Ex. Hidden in trunks, drop shipped, ect. Could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jayph View Post
    I believe grey market would be ones that came without the proper paper work. Ex. Hidden in trunks, drop shipped, ect. Could be wrong
    I'm pretty sure what you're describing is black market. I can't see any black market guns coming in for warranty claims but I could be wrong, nobody ever said criminals were smart.
    Twitter - @scarybangbangs
    CSSA and NFA member

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party."
    Mao Tse Tung

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayph View Post
    Hahaha, that would be awesome to have the criminals sending their illegal guns for warranty work.

No, Wolverine is more concerned about guns that are legal, but were purchased outside of their "exclusive distribution" arrangement.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast