Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Location for indoor range near GTA?

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVR View Post
    True, not everyone hah. Just the people who need to find some what affordable housing
    While I agreed with you on one point, I don't know about the "affordable housing". I was house hunting a few years back, looked at a couple Mattamy developments, one in Milton and the other in Brampton. The exact same house, on the same size lot cost $30K more in Milton. (I ended up in Mississauga... )
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Er, no... gotta agree with Nick on that one. Milton is booming and it does seem like a lot of GTA city folk are heading out there.

Just to be clear...
    Milton has a population of 100 000 . It was 84 000 5 years ago lol. At most 16 000 moved to Milton in 5 years and not all of hem were from Toronto lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
    Milton has a population of 100 000 . It was 84 000 5 years ago lol. At most 16 000 moved to Milton in 5 years and not all of hem were from Toronto lol.
    No, you're right. Not "all" were from Toronto.

...just most of them
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

True, not everyone hah. Just the people who need to find some what affordable housing
    Housing in Milton is not that affordable anymore.
    Pro Patria

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Housing in Milton is not that affordable anymore.
    Hence the "some-what" - the prices are rising and it's driving these people out to our area now and our housing market here is booming because of it

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    While I agreed with you on one point, I don't know about the "affordable housing". I was house hunting a few years back, looked at a couple Mattamy developments, one in Milton and the other in Brampton. The exact same house, on the same size lot cost $30K more in Milton. (I ended up in Mississauga... )
    Interesting, I was shopping around for condos when I used to live in Mississauga about 1-2 years back and Milton was the only affordable option.

Opted to relocate and found new employment in Kitchener instead
    Last edited by NickVR; 08-23-2016 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Spelling

Interesting, I was shopping around for condos when I used to live in Mississauga about 1-2 years back and Milton was the only affordable option.

Opted to relocate and found new employment in Kitchener instead
    Condos I can see being cheaper. Prices are insane in Mississauga. But 10 years ago, prices for 2400+ sqft houses in Milton were way higher than identical houses in Brampton. I don't recall the prices in Mississauga back then, there were no Mattamy sites that we looked at.

Anyway... let's hope CanAm opts for Milton or somewhere in the Peel/Halton area. (thread back on track)

agreed. why cant this stupid by-law be gotten rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
    Build it as close to Toronto as possible. We need more people getting licenses to shoot not less. If people cant easily shoot at a range they will not get their license as willingly. I have a bunch of friends who didnt bother getting their license with me because they didnt want to drive 1-2 hours to shoot a gun at a range that you would probably have to wait in line to shoot at all while paying at least $300 a year for. And they have a very valid point. IF we made the "sport" more accessible to the biggest city in Canada then maybe the sport would soar now and owning a firearm would become more "normal" for the average person. Just a thought
    agreed. why cant this stupid bylaw be gotten rid of

Quote Originally Posted by masterdom2 View Post
    agreed. why cant this stupid bylaw be gotten rid of
    Quit dreaming, it isn't happening. If anything be thankful that we still can even own guns given the swath of political deep red that we are currently mired under.

King City is good, you've got lot's of land and 400 access, it would pull $ from Vaughan & York Region especially with the Italians and Chinese.

If someone has REALLY deep pockets how about buying out the old farts who won share's in Sharon? Problem is they won't sell for less than $25,000 or thereabouts. I got connections and STILL can't get in unless I pay $7200 (going rate) when a share pops up when an old guy passes away. From what I gather they could easily open up memberships but the current board is in it for themselves, buying shares for $1000 from widows and marking them up 7X.

I've given up on bothering with rifles for the time being, sticking to handguns.
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA