Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linear Comp on a Bolt Action Rifle?

Linear Comp on a Bolt Action Rifle?

Hey guys. Maybe a dumb question here.

Can your AR linear compensator be used on any .223/5.56 rifle with compatible threading (1/2" x 28 TPI)? I want to put one on my Savage Precision Carbine.

Thanks!

Revolted
    Sure can. We've installed a few on Remington 700 .223.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick response.

One more dumb question: is installation something I can do, or do I need to a gunsmith to install it?

CGN frequent flyer kinggeorge168's Avatar
    The End..............

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTread View Post
    One more dumb question: is installation something I can do, or do I need to a gunsmith to install it?
    To be clear, I'm not talking about threading the barrel. My rifle already has the required 1/2" x 28 TPI threading from the factory. I'm just curious if installation on a pre-threaded barrel requires anything other than screwing on the compensator with appropriate torque.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyTread View Post
    To be clear, I'm not talking about threading the barrel. My rifle already has the required 1/2" x 28 TPI threading from the factory. I'm just curious if installation on a pre-threaded barrel requires anything other than screwing on the compensator with appropriate torque.
    No need for a gunsmith install, though you might want to get an action block or barrel clamp to hold your firearm steady while installing. Depending on the design of the comp you may need shims/crush washer to align the comp properly.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." – Bastiat
    Cogito ergo armatus sum

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin308 View Post
    No need for a gunsmith install, though you might want to get an action block or barrel clamp to hold your firearm steady while installing. Depending on the design of the comp you may need shims/crush washer to align the comp properly.
    OK, thanks. I'm going to order one of these right now.

CGN Regular
    Hey speaking of which...what about a ruger 22/45 lite? IT has the right threading and the barrel is 1 inch around...aren't these comps? They look pretty sharp

Revolted
    I think it would look pretty sweet on a 22/45!! The primary function is to force blast down range, but with the weight and compensation it offers I think it would work really well on that gun.

CGN Regular
    Hmm...might have to consider that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast