Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 8999101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1228

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

BANNED
    Just picked one up today in 7mm-08 from a member here. I took it to the range after paying my respects to our fallen. I will get better photos and do a proper range report in the future.

This group was my best of the day. Haven't measured it, but its definitely sub-moa. Only 3 rounds though. I should be able to get some more repeatable groups once I get a proper optic on it, for today I slapped on my burris ar-332.

And the rifle:

BANNED
    What kind of compatibility for stocks and buffer tubes do these have? Forgive my ignorance as I am new to DI guns and associated part compatibility.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    What kind of compatibility for stocks and buffer tubes do these have? Forgive my ignorance as I am new to DI guns and associated part compatibility.
    Mil spec or comm spec tubes. Rifle or Carbine. They are all good.

Only PDW stocks and Law Tactical folders fall into question.

As for normal stocks, the collapsible style all fit as long as you run them at least one position out when you use the CH. The PRS fits, but the UBR requires a groove filed to for the CH to clear.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Has anyone tried these mags in the MH?
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...-for-ar10-blk/

Figured they might be an option for those that can't find a magpul Gen2 and want a polymer magazine.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

^ mixed reviews on the imi mags. They do work and I've had no issues using a couple of them but it seems some others have. I think it comes down to trying individual mags in your rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I think people are getting bad groups because of user error and/or factory ammo. I am not a precision reloader and shooter and I got these groups.

If it shot poor I would post results too. I would hate for someone to buy a $6k+ rifle and have mediocre results when I could have said something.

Not sure how anyone could say anything negative from .6 MOA especially from a semi-auto. I'm really happy. The critics will soon chime in that it's not 5 round groups.
    griffin86, those are some nice groups...wish more people would post what these rifles are capable of for those like me that are patiently sitting on the fence. These groups of yours are more in line of what ATRS claimed the rifles would do.

I think the negativity about groups came from some the"early" guys posting 1.5-2 MOA groups and then bragging about the accuracy of their rifles and then going on with the ridiculous and extremely annoying "haters will hate BS" when people questioned those dismal results.

Anyways, thanks for posting...would like to see more from others as well.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cr5 View Post
    Has anyone tried these mags in the MH?
    https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...-for-ar10-blk/

Figured they might be an option for those that can't find a magpul Gen2 and want a polymer magazine.
    We brought in a ton of those with the thought of solving the pmag gen 2 change of spec. The problem we found is that dimension-ally these mag vary from mag to mag, so 1 mag will work but the next 1 we grab out of the box does not.
    I believe IMI is using several molds, which would explain the minor differences in dimensions we are seeing. To root through a few thousand mags to find 1s that function perfectly is simply a logistical nightmare for us.

Some guys have employed them and have reported back that a bit of tape on the spine of the mag solves the reliability of feed problem, others have epoxied some material to the spines which has also worked. I would prefer just to be able to grab a mag from a box of mags and have it work.
    We are looking at options still.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I think what he was reading into it was a possible change in mag well geometry, at least thats what it seemed like to me that was hinted at, and ultimately that is how I would prefer the issue resolved.

I know you have not been receptive to the idea, but it would greatly improve the rifle to clone the mag well geometry of the rifle the mags you wish to use are designed around, this way all future iterations of the mags would be good to go.
    Maybe I am missing something. When we initially designed the rifle we made the magwell to fit the Gen 2 Pmags and the XCR-M mags. In the time that it took to get the FRT, Magpul changed their mag design yet again. Now we have 500 plus of these rifles out in circulation that work fine with the mags the rifle was designed around and we are now to redesign the rifle to only accept 1 mag, being the Gen 3 Pmag?
    FWIW we are seeing a VERY high failure rate on Gen 3 Pmags, which is a concern to us. Knowing Magpul is fairly proactive I would speculate that Gen 4 is not too far off. Then what?

We have made a few revisions in the latest production run. But then the decision to be made is whether to go with a revision that eliminates the use of any mag save the Gen 3 because the geometry is just different enough to preclude the use of other mags. Then we catch flack from guys who don't like polymer mags or mags that won't hold 10 rounds. The fact is, like with many other rifles, the rifle is designed to work best with 1 mag simply due to the fact that 4 or 5 different mag manufacturers will have 4 or 5 different tolerances and dimensions.

Appearances of late is that the company we went to to manufacture mags specifically for our rifle and that would also fit the XCR-M are not going to fulfill this need.
    This is why we are again looking into options for having mags specifically made to fit our rifles. If these mags also happen to fit another rifle, great, if not oh well.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN frequent flyer
    Ok. I own one of these rifles. I have 1 mag that works with it. I am on the waiting list for the mag's you said were coming. Last you said was middle of October and we are patiently waiting. But I am starting to wonder if these guys aren't right. Why didn't you just clone the mag well of an existing problem free ar 10? Then if you had problems so would the rest of the ar world and magpul would fix it for you. Am I missing something here?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Maybe I am missing something. 1*When we initially designed the rifle we made the magwell to fit the Gen 2 Pmags and the XCR-M mags. In the time that it took to get the FRT, Magpul changed their mag design yet again. Now we have 500 plus of these rifles out in circulation that work fine with the mags the rifle was designed around and we are now to redesign the rifle to only accept 1 mag, being the Gen 3 Pmag?
    FWIW we are seeing a VERY high failure rate on Gen 3 Pmags, which is a concern to us. Knowing Magpul is fairly proactive I would speculate that Gen 4 is not too far off. Then what?

2*We have made a few revisions in the latest production run. But then 3*the decision to be made is whether to go with a revision that eliminates the use of any mag save the Gen 3 because the geometry is just different enough to preclude the use of other mags. Then we catch flack from guys who don't like polymer mags or mags that won't hold 10 rounds. The fact is, like with many other rifles, the rifle is designed to work best with 1 mag simply due to the fact that 4 or 5 different mag manufacturers will have 4 or 5 different tolerances and dimensions.

Appearances of late is that the company we went to to manufacture mags specifically for our rifle and that would also fit the XCR-M are not going to fulfill this need.
    This is why we are again looking into options for having mags specifically made to fit our rifles. If these mags also happen to fit another rifle, great, if not oh well.
    To clear up my previous post, what I meant was that unlike you suggested (1*), I was not implying to redesign the lower to Gen 3 pmags, I was saying the MH magwell geometry should be modeled after the gold standard of .308 stanag pattern of rifles, the KAC SR25. This rifle is what Magpul and most other manufacturers are going to use as the bench mark of tolerances. Designing a rifle to one mag is silly just like you suggest, but unfortunately in essence that is almost what has been done thus far with the MH. I am relegated to hunting down mythical G2 pmags and XCR mags. If the MH had the same internal dimensions as an SR25, the Gen 3 pmags would not be an issue, and Gen 2 could still be used as well, along with a duffle bag full of other off brand manufacturers.

I am also curious what all the revisions are for the most recent batch that you hint at in 2*

Lastly I would like to offer the suggestion in reference to 3*, you could find a couple SR25's to measure up, and base your geometry and tolerances off of. This should be an adequate compromise of tolerances and geometry to allow for a reliable use of a wider variety of .308 stanag mags. If it works for the KAC SR25, it should be transferable to the MH since they share so many basic characteristics together.

Lastly, in my opinion, I would rather improve upon the design, rather than have a work around. Always room for improvement, and this would be a good step.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA