Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kelly Kettle?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    We use Canada Post
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quick reply...... Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Good to go. All set up.

:D

Working on our first order know. Let us know what you want!
    So.... do I get a commission? :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big Bad's Avatar
    At the deadly intersection of Turd and Blair.
    Kelly Kettles are the finest invention of the Irish nation in the last century. Personally, I favour the aluminum version- conducts heat far better than stainless steel. But they're so efficient it might not matter too much.
    "Guns don't kill people, the government does." -- Dale Gribble

"Knowledge isn't free. You have to pay attention." -- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    What's the price guys?! Ball park at least?
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

Cause the exchange rate sucks so bad right now the Stainless Base Camp will be around $97ish and the Stainless Scout will be around $92ish.

The Hobo stove will be around $15ish

Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    Cause the exchange rate sucks so bad right now the Stainless Base Camp will be around $97ish and the Stainless Scout will be around $92ish.

The Hobo stove will be around $15ish
    is that just the plain jane kettle or a kit of sorts without the hobo stove?

Those are just the Stainless larger kettles.

The smallest Aluminum one will be around $69. It holds 17ozs of water.

So I happened across these stoves through a Bushcraft Canada fb page and I started researching. Neat little stoves, and great for emergency situations etc. The Ghillie stove (made at same place as the Kelly) seems to be be a bit better as they have a whistle instead of just a plug, and they now come in black alu. I would like to get one but when would it be used? If camping why not just build a normal fire that can be used for boiling AND cooking? These seem A LOT Better, cheaper, and not as gimmicky as the Biolite. I have been searching videos for two days now and have yet to see anyone cook ON the top...that's where I start to wain. If I am carrying a kettle and a hobo stove, why not just use a campfire? Enlighten and teach me...Santa left a couple of dollars in my pocket and I want to make sure it's well spent
    Thanks...Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mags View Post
    So I happened across these stoves through a Bushcraft Canada fb page and I started researching. Neat little stoves, and great for emergency situations etc. The Ghillie stove (made at same place as the Kelly) seems to be be a bit better as they have a whistle instead of just a plug, and they now come in black alu. I would like to get one but when would it be used? If camping why not just build a normal fire that can be used for boiling AND cooking? These seem A LOT Better, cheaper, and not as gimmicky as the Biolite. I have been searching videos for two days now and have yet to see anyone cook ON the top...that's where I start to wain. If I am carrying a kettle and a hobo stove, why not just use a campfire? Enlighten and teach me...Santa left a couple of dollars in my pocket and I want to make sure it's well spent
    True Mark, I have seen very few people cook on the top (one video where the guy was cooking a grilled cheese on top), and other videos they were using the Hobo stove attachment. But cooking is not really the intended purpose, nor really for use as your primary fire if out camping. Think "on the move". I am looking for one to have when I go on a kayak trip down the Trent River next year with my wife and maybe my brother and his wife (in a canoe) and we like coffee. It would be easy to just pop to the side of the river boil up some water and break camp in less then 15 minutes. Also, as these are a contained "fire pit" I believe there is no need for a fire permit whereas if you stop and build a traditional fire and a CO, or LEO comes by and asks for my permit that was only valid in North Kawartha, but I'm now just outside Campbellford... I could be looking at a fine.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast