Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer Warranty in Canada

BANNED
    This is great info, Ill stop by this week to see if you can replace my adjustable rear sight on my Sig1911

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    This is great info, Ill stop by this week to see if you can replace my adjustable rear sight on my Sig1911
    Thats a long drive

That is a long drive.

All servicing is completed in our Ontario location.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

BANNED
    That sucks.... It will be cheaper to buy a new rear sight then to ship my gun.... :-(

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    The "buy domestic" argument is meaningless.

When I bought my Macbook Pro in the US (where I was in school), the warranty was honored at the Apple Store in Canada.
    When I bought my CZ455 American in Canada, the warranty was honored by CZ USA in the US.
    When I bought my Toyota in Canada, the warranty was honored at a Toyota dealer in the US.

In two of the cases, the distributor billed the original manufacturer directly according to their terms. I might be mistaken, but I doubt MD Charlton just takes on the liability of every Sig in Canada without the ability to charge the manufacturer for factory defects.

How long does a customer wait for a repair if there are only six authorized repairmen in the entire country, including one who does custom work?

It is kind of scary that Taurus has a better warranty.

FF
    You moved countries - if you'd bought your Toyota in the US as a Canadian living in Canada, you'd be SOL
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    You moved countries - if you'd bought your Toyota in the US as a Canadian living in Canada, you'd be SOL
    Actually not.

I have investigated this a lot ... there is a perception put out there promoted by the Canadian Auto Dealers that they will not honour US purchased vehicle warranties ... which is nothing more than a false statement to scare you away from shopping south of the line ... in reality most of the major auto manufacturers warranties are valid across North America regardless of where you purchased the vehicle ... don't fall for that one.

Ok I respect that ,

when you talk about grey area, are we talking about a physical store in Canada

or other distributor bringing Sig from Germany (I wouldn't name anyone )

Quote Originally Posted by MD Charlton View Post
    It appears more information is necessary. First off, Cabelas and Questar are both covered for warranty: Cableas has their own distribution channel, and Questar is a dealer of ours (and will be added when our dealer list is updated).

Secondly, the information presented was intended to provide a service to the buying public with regards to Sig product. We are offering warranty coverage for all the product that was grey-marketed into the country. If you have purchased previously, you are covered. Please register for your coverage. If you wish to pursue the grey-market product in the future, go a head; just know you are buying from an unauthorized dealer with no coverage.

We are not attempting to "screw' guns owners in Canada. Our intention is to support actual dealers that support the industry.

Please continue with useful, constructive conservation.

Regards,
    MDC
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

Quote Originally Posted by jobbass View Post
    Ok I respect that ,

when you talk about grey area, are we talking about a physical store in Canada

or other distributor bringing Sig from Germany (I wouldn't name anyone )

We are the Sig Germany approved importer. The 'grade 1 and 2' Sig German 226's are refurbished parts guns from a distributor in Europe. No warranty, unless your dealer sends the pistols back to the distributor that brought them in.

MDC
    MD Charlton Co.
    Sig Sauer Master Distributor and Canadian Warranty Center

Business Member
    Just registered my two (don't buy ONE, buy TWO!) SIG pistols. Thanks for clearing all this up, especially from several years ago with numerous distributors!

Cheers and keep helping them noobies out there!

Barney

Hello MDC, I registered my SIG items as you suggested. What is the next step to get one of them serviced ? I sent a request in regard through your "contact us" link.