Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ and/or the P99 in .40 S&W?

BANNED

Walther PPQ and/or the P99 in .40 S&W?

Is North Sylva importing into Canada the Walther PPQ and/or the P99 in .40 S&W?

If yes, who would the dealer be to buy them from?

I would want a PPQ or a P99 in 9 mm but I don't like threaded barrels. I assume the PPQ and the P99 in .40 S&W would come into Canada without the need of a threaded barrel; their normal barrels are 4.2" respectively 4.17".

Alternatively, in 9 mm they would be nice as well with a custom, non-threaded barrel protruding out of the slide as the Canadian version of the Steyr M9 A1 has.

Anything but not threaded!

I would go with the P99... sexier

I handled the PPQ yesterday and it's great!!!

EXCEPT FOR THE SUPER UGLY threaded muzzle!

The .40 should have no problmes coming here but according to Walther specs...the 9mm is listed as 102mm.

Now this goes without saying that Walther is currently working on a 106mm for us.

Lots of confirmed hear say from canadians on the Walther forums.

I guess we'll just have to be patient and wait.
    Last edited by cableguy; 08-10-2012 at 11:26 PM.

waiting, but any idea of a timeline???

BANNED
    Yes, I handled a PPQ in 9 mm as well, and the first conclusion is: WOW!

I had in mind as well to buy the gun and take it to an experienced gun smith to cut the threaded part. The threaded barrel is 116 mm. Minimum legal in Canada is 106 mm. But I am not sure if the threaded area is less than 10 mm in length.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CristianM View Post
    Yes, I handled a PPQ in 9 mm as well, and the first conclusion is: WOW!

I had in mind as well to buy the gun and take it to an experienced gun smith to cut the threaded part. The threaded barrel is 116 mm. Minimum legal in Canada is 106 mm. But I am not sure if the threaded area is less than 10 mm in length.
    can you legally do that, take it to a gun smith to have shortened ? can anybody confirm that ?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CristianM View Post
    Is North Sylva importing into Canada the Walther PPQ and/or the P99 in .40 S&W?

If yes, who would the dealer be to buy them from?

I would want a PPQ or a P99 in 9 mm but I don't like threaded barrels. I assume the PPQ and the P99 in .40 S&W would come into Canada without the need of a threaded barrel; their normal barrels are 4.2" respectively 4.17".

Alternatively, in 9 mm they would be nice as well with a custom, non-threaded barrel protruding out of the slide as the Canadian version of the Steyr M9 A1 has.

Anything but not threaded!
    Called them last month they said spring 2013. So I called Wolverine Supplies and ordered my P99AS in .40 s&w

The rumour is that the P99 barrel will fit the PPQ. Can anyone confirm this.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by vickers vanguard View Post
    can you legally do that, take it to a gun smith to have shortened ? can anybody confirm that ?
    Negative...
    You can have them get rid of the threads, but shortening the barrel would turn the barrel into a prohibited device.
    Cheap, quick, and good...you can only have two!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbat View Post
    Negative...
    You can have them get rid of the threads, but shortening the barrel would turn the barrel into a prohibited device.
    I meant shortening the barrel to the legal limit not less. Why would it be illegal to have at the legal limit 106mm ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast