Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: ***NEW to Canada***MKA 1919 MATCH MAG-FED FLAT TOP SEMI-AUTO 12GA***NON-RESTRICTED

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis264 View Post
    I upgraded the lower receiver to a Tooth and Nail SAS forged aluminum receiver, new trigger group, down to 4 lbs trigger pull. With the new receiver you can change grips and stock to any AR-15 funiture, AR-15 Safety and new breacher choke. I need to get a larger charging handle, I thought from the picture from the Gun show that it was larger, but it was just the rubber protector.

What do you think of the new lower? Good bang for your buck? Looks really good!

FIREARMRIGHTS.CA

BANNED
    The fit and finish is really nice, was really easy to install, I just had to move my mag and bolt release over to new receiver, took me about 1 hour to convert everything over. I have never been a big fan of polymer gun parts, but that is the way these days. I think this is a perfect addition for these guns. I am getting a lot of messages asking where I purchased the receiver from, here is the link, I dealt with Matt he is one of the owners.
    http://www.toothandnailarmory.com/product/TN094.html
    Last edited by Curtis264; 04-27-2016 at 10:45 AM.

BANNED
    Just finished shooting my new shotty for the first time, what a fantastic gun. I just put in the heavy ring after thoroughly cleaning the gun to get that heavy oil, and then re oiling. I started off with Federal 2 3/4 target loads #8, put threw 50 rounds, not a single jam even with heavy load seal, put threw another 50 rounds of a very heavy reload and it worked perfectly, no jams, no misfeds. Gun worked perfectly, I am really impressed, I was expecting the that target loads would not work with heavy seal but it proved me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by magz View Post

left a message with TI. Hopefully they can find an extra nut for me.
    Spoke with Neil at TI. No hassles on the warranty. New nut should be on it's way at the end of the week.

FIREARMRIGHTS.CA

First one was not great for me, but TI sent a new replacement that runs perfectly....
    Last edited by scuba_cowboy; 11-18-2016 at 09:27 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_cowboy View Post
    Good to hear that it has worked out well for most of you so far. I had to go out and buy a cylinder bore choke for mine, as I did not receive one. Seemed to function, ok for a few rounds afterward. But now my MKA 1919 shotgun is currently broken and needs to be sent back for warranty service. I could try to fix it myself, but not inclined to do home repair and then told I voided any type of warranty. The stock tube has come completely loose, the upper and lower are loose from each other and the gas/take down knob up front is completely seized. Also the fifth round of most of the magazines miss-feeds and jams the action. The front stock/rail is loose and wont hold zero, and the stock sights front and rear need to be retightened with a screwdriver after about ten rounds fired, as they wont stay tight. Only has about 75 rounds through it so far since new and is pretty much a write off at this point. So far, TI has not responded to my phone calls and email. Hopefully I will hear something back from them soon. I guess hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken TI up on their offer to return it with no penalty, when it was noted to not have AR standard grip and rear stock tube.
    This is something you should all check, when I pulled mine apart the bolt that holds the two receivers together was cross threaded, I had to re tap the upper receiver, use an M8 1.25 tap to correct this if you have the same problem, for the handguard nut, I re-tighten every 20 shots or so, I find it is constantly coming loose

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_cowboy View Post
    Good to hear that it has worked out well for most of you so far. I had to go out and buy a cylinder bore choke for mine, as I did not receive one. Seemed to function, ok for a few rounds afterward. But now my MKA 1919 shotgun is currently broken and needs to be sent back for warranty service. I could try to fix it myself, but not inclined to do home repair and then told I voided any type of warranty. The stock tube has come completely loose, the upper and lower are loose from each other and the gas/take down knob up front is completely seized. Also the fifth round of most of the magazines miss-feeds and jams the action. The front stock/rail is loose and wont hold zero, and the stock sights front and rear need to be retightened with a screwdriver after about ten rounds fired, as they wont stay tight. Only has about 75 rounds through it so far since new and is pretty much a write off at this point. So far, TI has not responded to my phone calls and email. Hopefully I will hear something back from them soon. I guess hindsight being 20/20, I should have taken TI up on their offer to return it with no penalty, when it was noted to not have AR standard grip and rear stock tube.
    This is exactly what happened to me.
    Very easy fix. Phillips screw driver to loosen top screw on butt pad.. then 6mm long Allen key with extension to tighten the bolt by the receiver. I tool mine apart completely, gave it a thorough cleaning.
    Plus my stock release was broken... the pin has a slot in it that somehow bent and the spring was stuck up inside. Couple retaining pins and it cameout. Another easy fix. This stuff shouldn't be happening but at least it's not bad to repair. The knob that holds the forearm on is crap. The threads feel cheap and rough. The tolerances are not good on the forearm either... I have to tighten that knob tighter than hand tight so I don't have play.

Just got mine ready for turkey hunting on Saturday.
    Last edited by Francooch; 05-03-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Me too, but for Bear on Sunday with slugs!!! Saturday for Turkey will be my hunting Stoeger M3500 shotgun with a Primos JellyHead extended choke!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer polskiogorki's Avatar