Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2010 - Kel-Tech: PMR 30 and RFB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak Outpost View Post
    Last time I tried for Kel-tec I couldn't get export permits. I'll probably try again though when there is good supply.
    If you can manage to get any of those RFB's into Canada consider one to be sold to me :D. You don't happen to have a possible pre-order wait list going on do you?

CGN Regular
    When will RFBs start coming into stores (internet or otherwise) in Canada? I want the Sporter.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    Thanks for the photos GT! Sweet gear.

Quote Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
    Why is that? I'm not looking for logic in our gun laws (because there isn't any), but why is a semi-auto rimfire pistol prohib by name? Was it a converted auto, variant of something, etc.?
    Why were some other .22 cal pistols prohibited? Someone mentioned their dad having a Tec-22 or something siezed? Someone in their ivory tower got their panties in a bunch and didn't like the looks of it probably. Seems to be what happened with the whole lot of prohibitions. Trying to find reason for any of it is like trying to find honesty and hard work at one of Jack Leighton's cocktail parties.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    I'm not sure if I want a pmr30 anymore, it looks kind of cartoonish.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scarecrow's Avatar
    If the PMR is reliable and accurate I cant see the issue. Just wait till the gun is on the market and we can see if its a decent product.
    Order in council, for when politicians want to order people instead of being ordered by the people.

Should police follow the law or should law follow the police?

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    When will RFBs start coming into stores (internet or otherwise) in Canada? I want the Sporter.
    GTs post is accurate. They won't start rolling into stores though, unfortunately, however, some will be coming for sure.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

The bullpup is pretty solid, the reciever is enclosed as the casing feed out the front like the FS2000. I asked why they used FAL metric mags and they said, when they started, the mags were about $3.00 each, but now they wished they had started with M14 mags. Estimated price was around $1800.
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jarlath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmattockx View Post
    Why is that? I'm not looking for logic in our gun laws (because there isn't any), but why is a semi-auto rimfire pistol prohib by name? Was it a converted auto, variant of something, etc.?

Mark
    Some bureaucrat probably got scared of a handgun that could hold 30 rounds of any calibre. Look at the Calico pistols/rifles. The original pistol had a 50 round helical magazine that was a pain to load. Prohib by name.

No variant, no conversion, just singled out as prohibited.
    "Every loss of a soldier is a significant one. These great Canadians, died serving Canada and the people of Afghanistan."
    Modified statement of Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.

Vice President for the Canadian Shooting Sports Association www.cssa-cila.org
    Active participant of the ODPL www.odplonline.org

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jarlath's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangertree View Post
    GTs post is accurate. They won't start rolling into stores though, unfortunately, however, some will be coming for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    The bullpup is pretty solid, the reciever is enclosed as the casing feed out the front like the FS2000. I asked why they used FAL metric mags and they said, when they started, the mags were about $3.00 each, but now they wished they had started with M14 mags. Estimated price was around $1800.
    Talked to their sales/marketing guys down at the SHOT. Looks like the extended barrel length version (sniper) may get the axe. They commented about no true performance gains over the 24"/26" barrel length and how the pricing of such would be too high for the market place (MSRP $500-700 cost up on the carbine)
    "Every loss of a soldier is a significant one. These great Canadians, died serving Canada and the people of Afghanistan."
    Modified statement of Col. Mike Cessford, deputy commander of Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.

Vice President for the Canadian Shooting Sports Association www.cssa-cila.org
    Active participant of the ODPL www.odplonline.org

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Savage's Avatar
    As I was informed by several manufactures that if you get a US State dept DSP83 form Most any rifle can be exported out of the US providing it does not have a Folding , Collapsable Stock or a Muzzle brake and is not restricted for export by the US State Dept
    Life is Great Death is Peaceful
    It is the the Transition that is troublesome
    Mom & Dad I will cherish your memories forever you will be for ever loved
    Annette June 08,1931-April 23,2010
    Russ July 19,1931-March 17,2004
    Keiv were the Women Are SMOKIN HOT

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast