Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 77878990919293949596979899100101102103104105107117 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mareshow View Post
    Ditto although I think either way its the learned skills and not so much the end result
    My salf I'm a northern BC Hunter I really shoot pass 100 yards most of gun ranges don't go much past that in northern bc
    But it would be good to work on reaching out to the 6.5CM point of aim I think it's just past 300 yards I would have to look it up
    and my personal goal is to get to do it consently as I'm going elk hunting this year
    If I can swing it I realy like to do one Alberta hunt this year ether elk , antelope or goat I have never hunted any of them yet but hope to do one
    It will be a fun exercise thers no such thing as a bad day fishing ,shooting or hunting
    I know a lot of you guys don't think of 300 yard shoot as long range but it is for us older bush monkeys lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    300yds is still a long bloody ways away.....I still get very intimidated when I see how far away 500, 700, 1000 yds is......then I look through one of my scopes and it's all OK again!!!!

Your MH in 6.5 or .338 will be great out to 300.

Now you gotta get some appropriate glass for those beauty rifles.....

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    "Sale" is a relative term.....!!!!

On if the ultra shorts, or the hunting line would be great on a MH.....

Question for Carver (or the ATRS boys) - when you swap the upper to change calibers, does the scope and rail go with it?
    The scope rail is an integral part of the upper, so you can leave the optic on the upper and not have to keep re-zeroing it when that upper goes back onto the lower.

With good rings you can move the optic back and forth between uppers with little adjustment required if you record the turret location for each caliber.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    I'd be getting a bobro mount if I was in your shoes Carver.....
    The problem with ALL QD mount systems is that they rely on spring tension, which is never a constant, to lock the optic in place.
    On conventional rings, and specifically close tolerance rings like ours, torque can be duplicated each and every time the mount is removed. The other benefit is that the optic can be placed where YOU need it, not where the mount dictates the optic will have to be placed.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The problem with ALL QD mount systems is that they rely on spring tension, which is never a constant, to lock the optic in place.
    On conventional rings, and specifically close tolerance rings like ours, torque can be duplicated each and every time the mount is removed. The other benefit is that the optic can be placed where YOU need it, not where the mount dictates the optic will have to be placed.
    I hear you, but if you're moving it back and forth between two identical upper/rail combos, then that shouldn't be an issue.

From what I've read in the AR world guys swap scope back and forth regularly with with bobro's and AD's with little to no loss of zero - at least close enough to hit the boiler room of a deer/moose at 100yds.

I agree, it's not a perfect system, but it also saves carrying a toolkit around with you all the time.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    I hear you, but if you're moving it back and forth between two identical upper/rail combos, then that shouldn't be an issue.

From what I've read in the AR world guys swap scope back and forth regularly with with bobro's and AD's with little to no loss of zero - at least close enough to hit the boiler room of a deer/moose at 100yds.

I agree, it's not a perfect system, but it also saves carrying a toolkit around with you all the time.
    Just a simple torque driver. Vortex offers a very nice one HERE.

Damn you and your voice of reason

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Now I got the thin 6.5CM barrel to replace the big heavy barrel that's on it now I will see if the nightforce SHV will work
    the good news is I'm getting use to shoting sticks
    How much is a set of rings that will fit Nightforce SHV?

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 01:23 AM.