Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Tactical Walls Storage Solutions AVAILABLE NOW

CGN frequent flyer eatredmeat157's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    Here's the long and the short of it...

Regardless if you store your guns in a safe, drawer, shelf or a mirror; if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, you're going to be in trouble. Past cases prove that. The decision is now on you as to how you want to store your firearms in order to keep you and your family safe.

I recommend that if you buy one of these and the RCMP contacts you to set up a date for inspection, you should probably store your firearms in a proper safe and lock them up. I find it unlikely that they will deem one of these as proper storage.

We can sit here and debate it all day. We all know the silly rules and it's up to you as to how far you want to stretch them.

(Flame Suit On)
    Best boossted quote ever.
    Triple bread rounds for the win

Lots of rhetoric here, but still no word from the vendor?

Come on guys, are these legal or what?

Expried Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hypa View Post
    Lots of rhetoric here, but still no word from the vendor?

Come on guys, are these legal or what?

STORAGE OF NON-RESTRICTED FIREARMS

5. (1) An individual may store a non-restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device,

(ii) rendered inoperable by the removal of the bolt or bolt-carrier, or

(iii) stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into.

STORAGE OF RESTRICTED FIREARMS

6. An individual may store a restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i) a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.
    Last edited by WanstallsOnline; 10-31-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Expried Business Member
    This is the act as it is written,as there are no definitions of "vault","safe" or "receptacle" found here, we can only encourage you to read these sections and interpret the act as you already have every day. As you may be aware Bill C-68 is full of ambiguous, subjective terms. Watch the videos and judge for yourself based on your comfort levels.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    This is the act as it is written,as there are no definitions of "vault","safe" or "receptacle" found here, we can only encourage you to read these sections and interpret the act as you already have every day. As you may be aware Bill C-68 is full of ambiguous, subjective terms. Watch the videos and judge for yourself based on your comfort levels.
    This is the correct answer... most firearms law in Canada is written to be interpreted circumstantially.

BANNED
    i think one of the biggest drawbacks to these nice set-up is simply that those pictures and videos are ALL OVER the internet,,,so what would be the point in a nice hidding spot that so many people allready know about,,,they are pretty cool though,,,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    If someone breaks into your house, any guns you have stored in these contraptions will still be there after the dust settles.

An LEO could enter your dwelling for a noise complaint and be standing inches from one of these shelves or mirrors and wouldn't have a clue either.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Expried Business Member
    If someone breaks into my house,they'll be confused, wondering how they stepped into an amusement park funhouse!
    Craig

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Wrong Way's Avatar
    Ontario.....far enough N of T.O. that I (almost) can't smell it
    Quote Originally Posted by EL34/6L6 View Post
    If someone breaks into your house, any guns you have stored in these contraptions will still be there after the dust settles.

An LEO could enter your dwelling for a noise complaint and be standing inches from one of these shelves or mirrors and wouldn't have a clue either.
    Because a thief/officer would never have the Internet and recognize the pics of these plastered everywhere? I know if I ever decide on a career change and either break into houses or become a FA inspector, I'll be on the lookout for them.

*truly* hidden storage can't be mail ordered off the Internet.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Wrong Way". Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    If someone breaks into my house,they'll be confused, wondering how they stepped into an amusement park funhouse!
    Craig
    Absolutely!

or

"Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean