Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: steyr mannlicher

steyr mannlicher

Can you tell who carries the steyr mannlicher classic in b.c.
    looking for 7mm WSM.

As someone who owns three Steyr rifles, and has owned others in the past, I can say with some confidence that pretty much anything you want from Steyr will have to be special ordered in - including parts - unless you happen to get lucky and see exactly what you want in a shop or on a website.

If you look around the site sponsors here you will see a very small smattering of Steyr rifles available in stock at a few of the retailers, but not much. You may also see the odd one in your local shop once in awhile as well.

Contact several of the sight sponsors, maybe Prophet River, Wolverine, Shooting Edge, Target Sports, Ellowood Epps, Reliable or SFRC (as these are some of the places that have had some Steyr stuff here and there in recent years) and see what they say in terms of pricing and availability.

Be prepared to wait as much as a year to get a particular model in a particular calibre. The availability of Steyr Mannlicher products in not good in Canada right now.

Most dealers usually don't carry an inventory of higher end rifles because it's easy to get a lot of money tied up in a few items. Most Steyr's are ordered specifically for customers.

Ghostie is incorrect in his statement that the availability of Steyr in Canada is "not good" at the moment, as I have a warehouse full of Steyr rifles that would disagree.

The classic surprisingly enough isn't an overly popular rifle in North America, so we typically don't stock a lot of them.

We would be more than happy to order one for you however. Please expect a delivery time of about 4 months.

Please contact your local dealer for pricing.

Thanks,

BANNED
    Would you be bringing any Pro Hunters Mountain Model, in 308 or 30-06?

what model and cal. of steyrs do u have in stock NORTH SYLVA
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, IDPA, NFA, KRRC, NCRRA

Quote Originally Posted by wequar View Post
    what model and cal. of steyrs do u have in stock NORTH SYLVA
    WEQUAR

I will not post my inventory on a public forum, but feel free to PM us if your looking for a particular model.

Thanks,

my appologies, i will contact you privately.
    Member: CSSA, OFAH, IDPA, NFA, KRRC, NCRRA

Quote Originally Posted by North_Sylva View Post
    Ghostie is incorrect in his statement that the availability of Steyr in Canada is "not good" at the moment, as I have a warehouse full of Steyr rifles that would disagree.
    Well, my comment is based on this: if we look at the reasonably current production (i.e. not 80 year milsurp rifles, etc.) "in stock" Steyr Mannlicher inventory listed on the websites of the sponsors of this forum as of today's date:

Wolverine Supplies: 1 item (M-A1 pistol 9mm)
    Shooting Edge: Nothing
    P&D Enterprises: Nothing
    Ellwood Epps: Nothing (HS.50-M1 listed, but marked "sold")
    Frontier Firearms: 2 items (M-A1 pistol, 9mm and .40)
    SFRC: Nothing (HS.50 and HS.50-M1 marked "We do not stock this rifle, we order them in as they are purchased." M-A1 pistols in 9mm and .40, and SSG 69 rifle listed but marked "out of stock")
    Target Sports: Nothing
    CanadaAmmo: Nothing (M-A1 9mm and .40 pistols listed but marked "out of stock".)
    Marstar: Nothing current
    Questar: Nothing
    Freedom Ventures: Nothing
    Arms East: Nothing
    Prophet River: 3 used rifles, two of which are of a type no longer in production.
    Blue Line: Nothing
    CRAFM: Nothing
    Trade-Ex: 1 item (Steyr-Mannlicher SBS Pro Hunter in 376 Steyr, + some milsurps)
    Brant Shooting Sports: Nothing
    Reliable: Nothing (listed on the website but I know they have MA-1 pistols in stock and they did have a black Scout in .308WIN as recently as January).
    Wanstalls: 4 items (HS.50 and HS.50-M1 rifles. M-A1 pistols in 9mm and .40. All marked as "in stock")
    Al Flaherty's: Nothing
    Cedar Valley Hunting Supply: Nothing
    Westrifle: Nothing

etc., etc., etc. All these companies that are selling firearms on the web, and selling boat-loads of them in many cases, and all that is available from Steyr is the two big .50 cal rifles, the M-series pistols in 9 and 40, and one Prohunter in 376 Steyr?

If you have a warehouse full of Steyr rifles, then that is fantastic news... but it appears that no one knows about it - because the retailers on this site are not even listing them as available to order.

There always seems to be lots of interest in Steyr. Some models are expensive, but they are by no means anywhere near the top of the market in price-point for a given type of firearm (precision rifles, hunting rifles, pistols, etc.) When I post about my rifles here people are interested, as they are when I take them to the range. The range I usually go to is by far the busiest one in BC and I am one of the only people I ever see shooting Steyr rifles up there! People (especially at that range) buy all manner of incredibly expensive gear. They just don't where they can get anything from Steyr.

Most of the parts, mags, slings, rings, you name it, for SSG69 that I have, I've had to source myself out of the U.S. or Europe, or work through Phil O'Dell. It's not easy being the mean green machine in this country - or a Steyr fan.

I'm not trying to be a dink, I'm just trying to relay my experience as a Steyr fan in this country in recent years. I can pretty much guarantee that there is nobody on CGN that follows Steyr related developments any closer than I do - and this is the first I have heard about there being a warehouse of Steyr rifles in Canada. I'm definiately going to get my local dealer to check on the availability of some stuff... because I love Steyr and this has piqued my interest. I spend way too much on this hobby.... just the kind of customer every business wants!

While the retailers may not be ordering Steyr from you, I think if the consumers had a sense of what you had they would start ordering them. I know I would.

Expired Business Member
    westrifle mostly deals in surplus russian and ammo both surplus and new production at the moment

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    I'm not trying to be a dink, I'm just trying to relay my experience as a Steyr fan in this country in recent years. I can pretty much guarantee that there is nobody on CGN that follows Steyr related developments any closer than I do - and this is the first I have heard about there being a warehouse of Steyr rifles in Canada. I'm definiately going to get my local dealer to check on the availability of some stuff... because I love Steyr and this has piqued my interest. I spend way too much on this hobby.... just the kind of customer every business wants!

While the retailers may not be ordering Steyr from you, I think if the consumers had a sense of what you had they would start ordering them. I know I would.
    North Sylva may have a warehouse full of Steyrs but how long have they been sitting there? and how old are the models? Im a Steyr fan with no Canadian support as far as im concerned. I had to deal with Steyr direct to get replacement parts.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast