Thread: Fun At Your Range

Fun At Your Range

Took my stepson to your range last month. Have to say we really enjoyed it. It was his first time to shoot a hangun and the instructor was very good with coaching him. He did very well and talked about the experience each day for the rest of our vacation.
    I hadn't shot a handgun myself in 25+ years and never a 44 so to shoot the S&W 44 was a treat. I think the instructor was kind of taken aback when I fired two six shot groups both 2" or less with 3 bullets touching, a bullet size space then two more touching and one outside the cluster making the larger of the two groups with the target run back to its furthest position. The look on his face and the "good shooting" acknowlegement from him felt good.
    Thanks to all the staff and especially the range personnel for a fun outing. See you next summer when the young lad flies out to visit again.
    Here is a pic of my stepson shooting a Ruger semi 22lr. He also shot the 9mm Glock ( that was his dream gun to try) and later he shot 13 of the 25 rounds I purchased to run through the 44 myself. Thankfully he put the gun down so I could have a turn..lol
    Last edited by the spank; 09-20-2016 at 09:22 PM.
    Originally Posted by ADK

“These threads are great, it's like Whack-A-Mole; hit one idiot over the head and others just keep popping up.”

Good story. Took three of my nephews, my sister, brother-in-law, and a niece to the range this summer as well.
    They visited from Germany where they don't get a lot of chances to fire guns.
    Everyone enjoyed their time at the range and most went back for a second day.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Expired Business Member
    We are glad you enjoyed your experience! Feedback is always appreciated.

Look forward to seeing you again on your next visit :D

Quote Originally Posted by the spank View Post
    Took my stepson to your range last month. Have to say we really enjoyed it. It was his first time to shoot a hangun and the instructor was very good with coaching him. He did very well and talked about the experience each day for the rest of our vacation.
    I hadn't shot a handgun myself in 25+ years and never a 44 so to shoot the S&W 44 was a treat. I think the instructor was kind of taken aback when I fired two six shot groups both 2" or less with 3 bullets touching, a bullet size space then two more touching and one outside the cluster making the larger of the two groups with the target run back to its furthest position. The look on his face and the "good shooting" acknowlegement from him felt good.
    Thanks to all the staff and especially the range personnel for a fun outing. See you next summer when the young lad flies out to visit again.
    Here is a pic of my stepson shooting a Ruger semi 22lr. He also shot the 9mm Glock ( that was his dream gun to try) and later he shot 13 of the 25 rounds I purchased to run through the 44 myself. Thankfully he put the gun down so I could have a turn..lol
    If one takes kids to an indoor shooting range, it is important to keep in mind the issue of lead exposure and take every precaution: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...-Shooters.aspx.

It’s a very serious issue especially for kids but also for adults.

Otherwise, it's always a big fun!

Cheers

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    If one takes kids to an indoor shooting range, it is important to keep in mind the issue of lead exposure and take every precaution: https://www.publichealthontario.ca/e...-Shooters.aspx.

Cheers
    Luckily we have one of the cleanest air conditions in our range! We use INRANGE Systems rubber blocks which encapsulate the projectiles minimizing
    lead exposure. As well our make up air system is very efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wild West Shooting Centre View Post
    Luckily we have one of the cleanest air conditions in our range! We use INRANGE Systems rubber blocks which encapsulate the projectiles minimizing
    lead exposure. As well our make up air system is very efficient.

That's very good although it's always prudent to use this after shooting:

You still cannot use your own ammo here, can you?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    You still cannot use your own ammo here, can you?
    Unfortunately not but you are getting $10.00/off a box of the ammo pricing you see on our site for
    the range usage. Due to insurance and being in the mall we have to abide by these rules.