Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Took it out again today with the same Czech surplus ammo but this time i had issues unlike the first trip that went great Had some light primer strikes and had cases getting stuck in the chamber , Im guessing there was some built up lacquer in the chamber from the surplus ammo . My TT33 will run this ammo all day probably cause it has a looser chamber ? I will clean out the chamber and maybe give it a polish too and see how that works but i dont see any point to this pistol unless it can handle cheap surplus ammo , TT33s can so why not this?
    I have to agree with your trip, I am having nothing but problems with mine, Magazines that can't feed a round in straight, light strikes on nearly every round, cases getting seized in the chamber, needing to be pounded out. Not really happy with mine. Sent the magazines back due to their issues. Will be selling it as soon as I get the mags back. My TT-33 has never had a single one of these issues.
    Last edited by gh_defiant; 12-15-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tarasoff View Post
    Not much point of buying this if it doesn't like surplus ammo. Please post if you resolve this issue. I'm on the fence weather to buy or not...
    Official word is they were designed for Norinco ammo, so if you thinking of cheap surplus shooting. Nope. Our own fault for using the already plentiful surplus with their hard primers. I was told they are talking about getting stronger hammer springs, but who knows when they will arrive. If ever. I will still have the issues of cases needing to be "tapped" out of the chambers, and the double stack magazines tilting (which are out for RMA) .

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    did you guys clean out the packing oil? I remember when we first brought in the Cougar shotguns and the complaints started to roll in right around the time the weather got cold. Just a thought.

Also, this is the first run of these. I have noticed several changes in the design/process even in this first run.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    did you guys clean out the packing oil? I remember when we first brought in the Cougar shotguns and the complaints started to roll in right around the time the weather got cold. Just a thought.

Also, this is the first run of these. I have noticed several changes in the design/process even in this first run.

Yes mine was fully cleaned and then lubed with quality gun oil , I get that stinky commie oil off right away, the first 250 rounds were flawless then i think the hammer spring broke in and lightened up a bit and chamber got dirty then started getting the light strikes and stuck cases .. The 2 issues i see with my pistol is it needs a heavier hammer spring to light off those surplus primers , but this with make the DA even heavier too , no getting around that i dont think? And the extraction needs to be much better by maybe changing the chamber a bit, or more tension on the extractor spring , the extractor will slip off the rim of the case pretty easy compared to a TT extractor that will just rip a chunk right off the case rim if stuck . Weird thing is my TT33 hammer spring seems to have much less tension then the P762 but it lights off the primers every time? Wonder if theres a way to make that firing pin hit harder without a heavier hammer spring that will make the DA worse ..
    Last edited by boss351cleveland; 12-15-2014 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post

Also cleaned mine quite well, not the full steaming I do with Cosmoline, but well enough. The hammer-spring and extractor, seem to be the weak-points.

Just got mine today...

i think a longer firing(0.5mm or so) pin should solve the hard primer issue
    Eat rice, but ain't ricer, love spicy stuff
    Have you listen to Jordan Peterson lately? You should, and just letting you know i'm currently cleaning out my room/house/shop/garage/tool box/safe
    CCFR, CSSA, CFIB member

Anyone have a sig pin to measure and compare? Is it longer? Same diameter?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    This is the Podbyrin 9.2mm for the new millinium.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Beater's Avatar
    well got mine in the mail today. after stripping it and getting the grease out I lubed her up with balistol, got out 200 surplus CZ and headed to the range gotta say I pretty happy 200 down the pipe without a single prob.

first target at 25 yards pretty gritty trig and getting the feel for it. not to proud of that one. drifted the site to move it to the right, and continued to shoot. things smoothed up considerably and I got the feel for it.

this is the last 10 first one allways goes high it seems. called flyer to the left, the rest aren't to bad. all in al color me very happy, so happy im just going to order another. thanks guys cant wait to get 4-6 more mags

now we just need a small carbine ether semi or bolt action that take those mags and we would really have some kinda good combo

Last edited by Beater; 12-19-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    payment within 24 hours , if not i retain the right to cancel the deal