Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Canpar......What the hell?

There's lots more cool stuff I'd like from Canam. But Canpar drove right past my place 100km to Lethbridge, and then called and said "We don't deliver out of town. Come and get it."

I love Mr. Canpar, never had an issue with them. I do though get everything delivered to my work where there getting a signature is pretty much guaranteed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Got him cornered , cut him off at the pass, so to speak. I figured out what time he was to go by my place, sat in my truck and was ready for( a tactical take down) him.Darkness had fallen, by chance my new neighbor got caught in the slush and spun out tying to pull in thier yard.It solwed down the traffic enough so when Canpar guy was coming it gave me a chance to flash him with my lights and cut in be hind him and around to his right. I kinda out flanked him. He got out of his truck eyes wide. Told me that he hadn't forgotten me, just figured he would stop when he saw lights on. Because he need a signature this time. I made him promise that he would never send back any packages of mine and I promised not to scare him anymore and to stop poping out of nowhere on him. I think that he thinks that I planed for that car to block part of that road to slow him down. Any hey! He now knows when he has a package of mine to make the effort !LOL!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I was thinking of the homeless guy who delivered my package. You could have got into a bum fight.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Add me to the list of frustrated customers. Unfortunately for me my workplace does not allow me to have parcels shipped there so home delivery was my only option. Tracked my pkg, knew it was gonna be out for delivery yesterday and I also knew that nobody was gonna be home. What to do, what to do?

Well here's the thing . . . I am a courier. My service area includes my own house so I figured hey, I'll probably run into a Canpar person at some point and, even if it's not the right person they would probably know who to contact so I could grab my pkg. So I went on about my day . . . 10 hours later I'd seen 2 UPSers, 2 FEDEX ppl, 1 Loomis and 1 DHL and a half dozen Canada Post trucks. Apparently Canpar is like Sasquatch or something. Just some ghost that materializes at your house and leaves you a delivery tag and then vanishes as I stopped by my house around 3 and found their notice in the mailbox then spent the rest of my day really, really, REALLY searching for any Canpar truck in my neighbourhood.

So now I get home and jump online thinking I can use their website to try and get the pkg held at their depot as, again, nobody is gonna be home on Monday. Lo and behold their website is useless in that respect. With a bit more googling it seems as though Canpar here doesn't operate a staffed retail outlet and I've also discovered that their pickup window is 7:30-8:15 am. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME??? Furthermore, their "customer service dept" does not operate on the weekends, not even during the busy Xmas season when all other courier companies are operating at extended hours. I mean WTF?

So now it looks like I'm either gonna have to be late for work on Monday in an attempt to pick up my package in their 45 minute window or roll the dice and leave a detailed note on my door and pray that the driver has a cell phone and is willing to call me.

Suck it Canpar!

I totally agree... With my work hours I'm forced to pick up the package at the depot out of town...and I was reminded that if I'm not there to pick it up in a few days it gets sent back. Nice!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildcustom2's Avatar
    If I had a major issue with Canpar I would make a formal complaint with Canpar instead of cluttering up the dealers forum with complaints. Canpar is pretty much the most economical way to get items like ammo across the country and not pay through the nose. If CanAm switched couriers the threads complaining about the cost of shipping would start and we would end up no furth ahead than if people made formal written complaints to Canpar.

Quote Originally Posted by Goo98 View Post
    Why can't they just leave it at the door if I sign off on the thing.
    I have had two orders arrive via can par......ya my experience with them wasn't good. But both times they left my crates either on the front deck by my door or one time the driver text me and said he left it hidden on the side of my house beside my BBQ, I phoned them a few times and got fairly upset letting them know that I was leaving the area on vacation and could not sign for the package and would be unable to get to their depot in Edmonton.

Even UPS left crates on the front step with no signature. Only signed once and I happened to be home.

Just throwin' in my quick 2 cents here -

I used to work part time for Loomis Express; Same thing, same system essentially, as CanPar.

The warehouses are unstaffed. So the only time they'll guarantee a pickup at the warehouse is early in the morning when the drivers are there sorting their packages... If you find out when the drivers get back near the end of the day (1400-1600ish around here), you can track them down there and someone should be able to find it for you if your routes truck is back, but no guarantees. Because there's no staffing at the warehouse level other than drivers, there's no real oversight as to what the drivers do. So if a driver has a very busy run, or a full truck, or you're just too far out of the way they'll just leave it in the warehouse and worry about it tomorrow - this obviously screws with forecasted delivery dates. Also because of the lack of oversight, there are just bad drivers that skip stops or don't bother knocking, don't care, etc.

As for leaving stuff at your door, if it's something that requires a chain of signatures, there's no way they can leave it at your door as they need you to sign the little sticker on the security waybill, along with the scanner. This is normally the case with restricted and prohibs from my understanding, but I've seen some non-restricted and ammo with it too - probably depends on the shipper. If it's not a COS/Security waybill there's no reason they shouldn't be able to leave it on your doorstep unless it's labeled as such. Even on the first delivery, if you leave a note with the date, your name, the waybill/tracking number, and your signature saying to please leave it ______ it shouldn't be an issue... That's just taken by the driver and then sent to headquarters at the end of the day. And if you don't want them to leave it (sometimes they will if they don't realize the value and they want to save time, even without a signature), leave a note specifying so.

My biggest advice would be to follow what others have done here and get to know the guy that does your run, and if he's a decent human being it should make things easy. Most of the guys I worked with had quite a few regular customers saved as contacts in their phone and would just call them in the morning to see what they wanted done with their parcel. If you can't track him down, leave a note that says something like, "Dear Canpar dude, I'm not here, if you have time could you give me a call at (___)___-____ and maybe I can meet you somewhere"... or something. At least at Loomis we were paid by the parcel, so everyone was eager to get an extra parcel off their truck somewhere on the way without spending extra time.

It's a pretty cheaply run company, the drivers are mostly underpaid, and quite a few are over-worked with not even time to have lunch throughout their day - which causes a lot of them to just not care. I would never ship anything with them if I had the choice, but if you don't, you can normally make it work somehow even if you work a normal 8-5. (Though, I'd still pick them over Canada Post, who, around here anyway, seem to love not knocking and leaving attempted delivery notices with a please pickup after 1800h tomorrow...)

Hope that gets someone a parcel or two on time...

The other day I got my package delivered by Canpar. I wasn't home but luckly my wife was home. The thing that bugged me was the driver told my wife to enjoy the new rifle.... First of all now my wife knows I bought another gun lol. Now the driver knows I have guns. Not much you can do cause of the sign off process he must know its either ammo or a gun.