Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can not install any M870 stock on my 18.5" mag-fed Grizzly

Any industrial supply store, Gregg distributors, Northern Metallic, etc. Can get you a proper bolt. Just bring in the bolt you want to use and the factory Grizzly bolt, and tell them you need a bolt of this Length with this thread.

Inch Equivalent Metric Size-PitchISO and IFI Rec.
    8- 32 8- 36 M4x .7
    10- 24 10- 32 M5x .8
    1/4- 20 1/4- 28 M6x 1
    5/16-18 5/16- 24 M8x 1.25
    Last edited by Picatinny; 10-24-2016 at 12:47 AM.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Fastenal doesn't do walk in customers anymore, you need an account with them... it's been that way for a while.
    Not true, for Edmonton at least. I go to there regularly, no account.

That's a basic national coarse/national fine to metric comparison, but they are not equivelant and are not interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomLew View Post
    Yes I think diameter is close but different threads. I could screw it in nut a couple rounds then stuck there. I think the better solution is find a matched screw
    I did find a screw with matching threads... it was just way too short. So I used a section of the bolt with the matching threads, and welded it onto (most of) the original long stock bolt that had the wrong threads, and presto! A little bit of grinding & welding, but I had the stock installed in a lot less time than it would have taken me to track down a bolt of the proper length with the proper threads. Like I said, not much help if you don't have a welder.

Quote Originally Posted by Calahan View Post
    I did find a screw with matching threads... it was just way too short. So I used a section of the bolt with the matching threads, and welded it onto (most of) the original long stock bolt that had the wrong threads, and presto! A little bit of grinding & welding, but I had the stock installed in a lot less time than it would have taken me to track down a bolt of the proper length with the proper threads. Like I said, not much help if you don't have a welder.
    You did a great job to weld them, I don't need that long, one and half inch is enough for the new stock.

I just found one Fastenal close to me, I will check with them first. Thanks to everyone!
    Last edited by AtomLew; 10-24-2016 at 09:40 AM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I just took the bolt that came with the gun to home hardware, searched through to find a nut that would thread on it, then found a bolt that was the same thread as that nut... thus both bolts being the same thread. Took me 5 minutes at home hardware. Im sure you could do the same at canadian tire, they have a nut and bolt section.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123