Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New SKS Stock Arriving in 4 weeks!

And there we go. That went on easy. Both of these rifles are a pair of early 50's Tulas.

This is a placeholder buttstock and grip because this SKS rifle chassis arrived much faster than my extra AR parts did. I just borrowed some parts from other rifles for now to complete a temporary build. No idea what optics I will run on this in the long run.

The package came with some shims but the fit was perfect right out of the box and I did not need them. There is absolutely no play and this chassis locks in tight.

Are there still more available right away?

Yes, we have a limited # left on the webstore, HERE, & some in the store for local pickups.
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

Call us at 604-BUY-GUNS, (289-4867) or at hical@shaw.ca

Like us on Facebook for all the latest info

SERVICE is our middle name!

One bit of feed back I have for possible future kits would be to include a spare handguard Ferrule pin as a courtesy. These are the bane of all SKS aftermarket stocks and the wood handguard is the hardest of the original parts to remove without damaging the pin or the something else.

Pic below is an extreme case (not mine, thankfully) but on some rifles no force on earth can drive that pin out, while for other people they can remove them with a simple brass punch. Many people give up and just drill them out on a drill press as this is a safe and easy way to remove it without mangling anything else. They just pop in a replacement rivet when they are done.

The lower cost aftermarket SKS stock kits often include replacement handguard pins for this reason. When I assembled my sabertooth SKS in the post above I actually borrowed one of the spare pins that came from my old promag stock kit from a previous SKS build.

Again I am very happy with your product, but I know some other people are going to struggle with that old wood handguard (as they would with any other aftermarket stock).
    Last edited by mr_trout; 10-09-2015 at 01:19 PM.

News for the black color ?

thanks
    Technicien Informatique
    www.geek-tek.ca

We sent back the black & tan stocks, the finish wasn't up to our standards. It will be 3 weeks or so until they are ready. Drop a line to hical@shaw.ca we will notify you when they arrive!
    High Caliber Service Corp, Proudly serving the shooting Community since 2008. Canada’s largest assortment of Firearm accessories online & in store, 33154 1st ave, Mission, BC. V2V 1G4

We offer PAL, RPAL & CORE courses for the Fraser valley/ Vancouver area: www.palcore.ca

News for the black chassis ?

thanks
    Technicien Informatique
    www.geek-tek.ca

Any more news on the black chassis? It's been a few weeks now
    Insert list of guns you own here:
    (Who needs a registry if everyone advertises what they own)

Scrap Bill C-68

Very nice. I appreciate all the trouble you went to but as many others have already said, the 5rnd limitation is a deal killer. if this had an AR magwell then it would be a big time winner. Maybe the next gen.

The black are not ready yet, we are trying different finishes until we are happy with the results.