Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: received my sks? no factory stamps/markings?

engraved

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Just a thought... The parts are not always marked with complete serial number, only 4-6 last digits. The complete serial # of the gun includes "16" and presented on the receiver only.
    Trigger group is stamped, no doubt.

s>
    On the Chinese SKS I just received a couple months ago, it also has the serial number engraved on the gas piston. I was suprised to see the number all over the rifle. Almost every part.

Just got mine today from Marstar. Very happy with it, but mine as well has no factory stamp, just the serial number 0101503. (01503 stamped on most parts).

I have no clue how to date mine or tell what factory it came from..
    Proud member of ATU Local 113

you guys are lucky...still waiting for mine...

Just got mine today. it is also missing any symbol. only a serial number. what year would it be if it was 01 as the first two digits? and does anyone have an actual reason for the military Chinese SKS's we are getting Lacking any Factory Stamp?

JayCee69 - I have two of these Chinese rifles without factory markings or Chinese characters as well.

You can't date them. No one even knows the factory they're from. All we can say is that they're Military surplus and not refurbished. The Chinese embraced the SKS more than the Russians ever did, and they had several factories churning them out for at least 20 years. They made more than they know what to do with, and there's a pretty good chance they made so many so quickly that they lost track of, or possibly didn't even take any information pertaining to a lot of them. Even if they had impeccable records of every rifle and a nice little chart that helps decipher the serial numbers so we could date all the rifles they made, which is very unlikely in my opinion, they aren't sharing that information with us.

I was quite interested in finding out why these rifles have no markings, but couldn't figure anything out and I asked all over the internet. Eventually, I accepted that I'll probably never know.
    89AA04004

Expired Business
    ANDURP;
    "Eventually, I accepted that I'll probably never know. "

Someday we will put together all the records we have, unfortunately that is time consuming
    John

I have the same one, don't care what and where it was made. Shoots GREAT - that is important
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    ANDURP;
    "Eventually, I accepted that I'll probably never know. "

Someday we will put together all the records we have, unfortunately that is time consuming
    John
    That'd be very interesting to see, John.

Thanks.
    89AA04004

I use G96 CLP to clean cosmo off after it was suggest by Del's (my local shop). Works like a hot damn even on the stuff that was hard as a rock on my oil can. As a bonus it smells sorta like egg nog.

CGN Regular
    well mine is the same. no markings just serial numbers. there are lots of triangles on with a "c" or "k" in them and there is a star on the left side of the receiver.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast