Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW Dan Wesson 1911's

Contributing Dealer Target Sports Center's Avatar

NEW Dan Wesson 1911's

The Valor is loaded with features, including a forged frame with 25 LPI checkering front and back, an undercut trigger guard, Heinie Ledge Straight Eight night sights, VZ slim line G10 grips, EGW carry bevel bushings, Ed Brown grip safety and mainspring housings, as well as our tool-steel fire controls and other premium small parts. Every piece that goes into the Valor series is hand-fit, polished and blended to provide you with not only the best functioning gun we can provide, but also the best looking.

The Valor can be had with either a matte stainless glass bead finish or our super durable black Duty finish. This finish is a ceramic base-coating that has set the standard for all coating tests. No polymer-based coating can compare.

The Valor is a Government full size 1911, but also comes in a Bobtail Commander version known as the V-Bob.

THE V-Bob

FULL SIZE

Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288 Phone
    905-888-8688 Fax
    RANGE/STORE HOURS

• MONDAY-SATURDAY 10AM-9PM
    • SUNDAY & HOLIDAYS 10AM-6PM

[b]info@targetsportscanada.com

nice looking pistol,wonder how it shoots

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Danimal247's Avatar
    Price?

Not listed on your site. As Danimal247 says, "Price?"
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

CZ USA lists the ceracoat V-Bob @ $2077 and the Valor @ $2012, so they're up there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DARKSTANG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    CZ USA lists the ceracoat V-Bob @ $2077 and the Valor @ $2012, so they're up there.

So how do they perform?
    Are these Kimber quality, slightly better? Nine, I know you know pistols. Give us some opinions. You've had just about everything by now, I'm sure.
    I think the VBOB looks pretty groovy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by North Eastern Arms
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

I almost dropped the hammer on a Dan Wesson bob tail commander, from gunsnthings. I shot a full size and LOVED it. These are NICE. I just couldn't do it. Nice yes. 1600-2000 nice? I have a hard time with that, especially with a 1911.

This V-bob is pretty much perfect though. ceracoat, night sights, commander, bob'd. In the class of kimber, no doubt. If I was so inclined, I'd grab this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    I almost dropped the hammer on a Dan Wesson bob tail commander, from gunsnthings. I shot a full size and LOVED it. These are NICE. I just couldn't do it. Nice yes. 1600-2000 nice? I have a hard time with that, especially with a 1911.

This V-bob is pretty much perfect though. ceracoat, night sights, commander, bob'd. In the class of kimber, no doubt. If I was so inclined, I'd grab this one.
    I am as well, a little put off by the price, but it's hard to deny those urges some days. There are so many different 1911's these days, it's hard to understand the huge gap in pricing. I know I'll probably be strung up for saying goes this but, I was disappointed with my STI EDGE I bought one year. When you spend that much on a pistol you expect alot. Here is the part where people will start spitting on me. Lol! I preferred my P14-45 over the EDGE. It shot better, cleaner trigger and felt more balanced. Based on body dynamics, they say everyone is different, so I'm figuring this is one of those times.

Quote:
    Due to the recent Zombie outbreak in the South, we have increased production to Canada. We're doing a big push this month.
    End Quote:

CGN Regular
    Dan Wesson especially the valor model 1911s are considered the best bang for buck 1911s at the semi custom shop level. These are basically the best 1911s unless you plan to dish out $$$$ for nighthawk or Wilson pistols.

These pistols are wayy better than base production Kimbers.

Check out the 1911 forums and they will tell you in detail why recent production Kimbers (series ii) suck in comparison to the originals.

*flame suit on*

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Dan Wesson especially the valor model 1911s are considered the best bang for buck 1911s at the semi custom shop level. These are basically the best 1911s unless you plan to dish out $$$$ for nighthawk or Wilson pistols.

These pistols are wayy better than base production Kimbers.

Check out the 1911 forums and they will tell you in detail why recent production Kimbers (series ii) suck in comparison to the originals.

*flame suit on*
    I did hear that too.
    I had the chance to shoot a full size Nighthawk and loved it, but when I found out how much they cost, I just about crapped myself! I really want one of these VBOB's now. Damn this forum! How long can kids go without food? Does anyone know? They can hold out till daddy gets his new 1911. Right? Lol!

Quote:
    End Quote:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast