Thread: Need a little help to setup my LSS

Need a little help to setup my LSS

With a CTR stock and low rings, which height of cheek riser do you suggest?

With a rail and bipod in place of the front sling stud, how would you attach a 2-point sling?

With a folding adaptor on the left, won't you hit your nose? Or do you fold it to the right after lifting your bolt?
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    - George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    With a CTR stock and low rings, which height of cheek riser do you suggest?

With a rail and bipod in place of the front sling stud, how would you attach a 2-point sling?

With a folding adaptor on the left, won't you hit your nose? Or do you fold it to the right after lifting your bolt?
    That really depends on the person. You should try it out, and see what works best for you. Nobody can give you this advice properly.
    You can either get a bipod that has a slingmount built in, or get our 5" or 6.5" picatinny mounting rail that have flushcup sling mounts built in.

Folding adapter, it will not hit your nose. And I can say this comfortably, as I have one of the largest noses in the world... Of course it depends on your position, cheek riser etc.
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

Thank you.
    - George Mason

BANNED
    On my CTR I used a 3/4 in cheek riser with my rem 700 , low rings and Bushnell 10 power and there is a sling attachment point on the rear of the Harris bipod .
    TheHarris can attach to the sling attachment stud on the LSS so you don't have to have a picatinny rail to mount the bipod and a sling

Last edited by chalkriver; 03-31-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Thank Chalk, I'll try the 3/4".

You have a nice rifle. Harris are nice but for a hunting rifle I think it may be noisy and snaggy. I mounted a TangoDown ACBipod.

This is not my rifle but my bipod is the same way:

As you can see the ACB fits perfectly with the LSS forend, the bibod feets resting against the end of the magwell. It's probably more stable with the legs extending further ahead.
    This guy used a flush-cup as suggested by TAC21. But I don't like that the sling will pull on the folded legs.

I prefer a side attachment to carry the rifle at the ready like this:

Probably that I'll tie a piece of paracord between two forend holes and hook the sling to it.
    Last edited by wildphil24; 03-31-2015 at 12:03 PM.
    - George Mason

CGN Ultra frequent flyer condomboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    Thank Chalk, I'll try the 3/4".

You have a nice rifle. Harris are nice but for a hunting rifle I think it may be noisy and snaggy. I mounted a TangoDown ACBipod.

This is not my rifle but my bipod is the same way:

As you can see the ACB fits perfectly with the LSS forend, the bibod feets resting against the end of the magwell. It's probably more stable with the legs extending further ahead.
    This guy used a flush-cup as suggested by TAC21. But I don't like that the sling will pull on the folded legs.

I prefer a side attachment to carry the rifle at the ready like this:

Probably that I'll tie a piece of paracord between two forend holes and hook the sling to it. Unless the hood mounting holes would accept a sling stud...
    You said this isn't your pic but you mounted yours the same way... so you mounted your bi-pod backwards as well?
    If you know how many guns you have... you don't have enough

Yes. Well backward compared to a Harris. The right way for an ACB that you don't want to catch in the bush.
    - George Mason