Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: Web site sucks

CGN Regular

Question You mean like this post

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorts View Post
    Funny the new Wolverine site works great. Looks a lot like your site except it works on older browsers. I would get the guys who did that site to redo yoursite... No joke.

Not trying to be mean but the guys who did your site are inexperienced. They sold you the line how old browsers don't matter. What they were really saying was it is to much work for them. They can code for the newest broswers which is always easier and flasher to do. I made sites for the Canadian government mainly in Arts and Culture for over ten years I know about the pain of making things backward compatible. If you think it is bad now you should have seen it ten years ago.
    Yes older (more "stable" browsers), you mean like this post on Wolverine's thread about their new site:

There are STILL no product headings visible across the top of the web page when I view it (usiing I.E. 8 on work PC).
    And when I scroll down, all I see is a narrow column occupying barely 1/6 of the page width, all down the left edge of the page only, with only thumbnails and titles of products, no decent product headings. It just goes on forever like this. The bulk of the page content, to the right of this narrow column on the left, is completely BLANK, white empty space in the remaing 5/6 of the page. Sorry to say, but I am nearly fed up with this now, and I have to say that your website programmer has successfully created a useless P.O.S. (piece of $#!t).
    And yeah, way too much emphasis is put on making sites mobile friendly, at the expense of user-friendly on a normal desktop. Big mistake.
    I wish I could show you screenshots of how stupid this looks on my desktop.

Hindsight's 20/20 they say, but if I was you, I would have vetted this website designer you hired a bit more thoroughly before giving him/her this important job. Right now, I'd be tempted to fire their a$$ and get my money back, and get someone to replace him who knows what-the-**** they're doing.
    No wait, let me tell you what I really think of it,...

My vote (not that there is one) is to bring back the old format, at least the basic graphic layout and menu system of it.
    Source: It's Here! It's Alive! It's Improved! It's About Frickin Time! post #160
    Sorry to rain on your parade. I'll laugh really hard if you imply something along the lines of "fan-boy game" in your reply.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnorts View Post
    Funny the new Wolverine site works great. Looks a lot like your site except it works on older browsers. I would get the guys who did that site to redo yoursite... No joke.

Not trying to be mean but the guys who did your site are inexperienced. They sold you the line how old browsers don't matter. What they were really saying was it is to much work for them. They can code for the newest broswers which is always easier and flasher to do. I made sites for the Canadian government mainly in Arts and Culture for over ten years I know about the pain of making things backward compatible. If you think it is bad now you should have seen it ten years ago.
    We would be happy to hire you to consult with the web team to see if you can iron out the issues. Shoot me an email.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Only in the Canadian Gun market will people turn against a retailer (and resort to online exchanges) because their website has a few problems that are getting worked on. Its good that we have such unity as gun owners!

A website is like a old house been renovated, only more problems and unexpected issues that come up without a quick fix.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 07-04-2015 at 08:10 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    We would be happy to hire you to consult with the web team to see if you can iron out the issues. Shoot me an email.
    Noticed some features on your site working better. Did "Gnorts" helped out with your site or is your regular team working out the bugs?

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleF View Post
    Noticed some features on your site working better. Did "Gnorts" helped out with your site or is your regular team working out the bugs?
    Our regular team

Needs better filters. Other than that, it works fine. Try dolphin browser, you can change it to desktop mode and dont have to deal with mobile sites.

One thing i noticed is the mobile version doesn't handle out of stock items well. You dont know its out of stock until you try adding it to the cart. With ammo anyway. It simply gives an error saying something went wrong.
    Last edited by Sveinn84; 08-02-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA member!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Our regular team
    Well, I had my doubts after I had a look at the Canadian Governemnt's Art and Culture site (plus having experienced a few others, i.e. Transport Canada Air and everybody's fave, the CRA site - business and personal).

Interesting how people get nasty about CanAm's and Wolverine's new sites, at no cost to the (voluntary) visitor, on a free of charge forum sponsored by the very businesses receiving the nasty criticism, yet not a beep from anyone on the lame-duck government sites - I wonder how the government sites are 'sponsored' ... ah yes, it's all those 'voluntary taxes'.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213