Thread: Ontario - Stamp Verification & PAL/RPAL

Smile Ontario - Stamp Verification & PAL/RPAL

This was brought up in a thread and I contacted the CFC today about it. I wish I had realized this 5 weeks ago. I apologize if this is already common knowledge. I just wanted to help anyone else out there in the same situation.

If you live in Ontario your results from your test get mailed in to the CFO to be verified. You don't have to wait for this "proof of safety" documentation to come back before submitting your application for your PAL/RPAL.

You can send in your application and then call/check on-line to get your application number and fax in your stamped forms when you get them. Since there is a 28-day waiting period it's not a problem to provide the proof when you get them.

(I'm currently on week 5 waiting for my stamps - but I mailed my application for my RPAL out today after talking with them.)

Cheers!

wow.. really.. i had NO idea... seriously this is incredibly helpful info.. im going to mail my application tomorrow. i hope more people read this.. as far as i knew you had to send them both in together

I e-mailed my instructor about it and this is his response:

Interesting but slightly suspect. The CFO informed all of us at the last Instructor conference that the Ontario CFO office has told the CFC to reject all Ontario applications submitted without the proof copy attachment. Clearly a case of a Provincial authority dictating to a Federal authority. What you say may be true because of just that fact.

Before I tell students something which may not be true I like to get the facts straight so I will attempt to get a clarification from the Ontario CPFO. I’ll let you know the results.

well.. let us know.. could save precious time for a lot of us

CGN Regular
    Interesting info for Ont. residents. Looks like the Ont. tail might be trying to wag the federal dog. The PAL application form CAFC-921 permits an application without "proof attached".
    I doubt the Ont. CFO can tell CFC to reject applications without attached safety course proof. The final approval rests with provincial CFO, but the CFC needs to ensure that the application is complete before it sends it to provincial CFO for final approval.
    So CFC will have the test results prior to their approval and of course the Ont. CFO will have the results on file so what is the issue for the Ont. CFO?
    Last edited by calalta; 05-30-2010 at 12:07 PM.

You know.....it was SO much easier in the (not so) old days......

Step 1. Go to police station.
    Step 2. Fill out/Sign FAC.
    Step 3. Buy gun.
    Steve Perry was Journey's best front-man EVER.

CGN frequent flyer
    Or, before that, go to store, buy gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ykkid View Post
    Or, before that, go to store, buy gun.
    yup..... but that was before my time...
    Steve Perry was Journey's best front-man EVER.

When I recently called about them about sending in my application, I wanted to know if I needed to send the original test with the stamp or could I send the copy I had made, the lady on the phone said, you don't need to send any, we already have it on file from the CFO. She said just put " already on file" on your application and you're good to go.
    Seems the CFO sends a "digital copy or copy" to them, when they send it back to you as well.

not sure how long it has been, but I would expect I mailed my RPAL application 3 weeks ago. I was called yesterday for the interview as were my references.

dave
    Browning BLR-81 - .308 //Remington 870 12 guage // Pre 64 Win 94 30-30 // Excalibur Exomax w/Lumizone // Garmin GPS 60CSX
    Newest Toy - 2010 F150 FX4 Supercrew. 6.5'

Wish list; Ruger 10-22 // ATV