Canadian BDX Inc. (Combat Masters Ammo Brand) any experience with?

Nester

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
141   0   1
Canadian BDX Inc. (Combat Masters Ammo Brand) any experience with?


Kurt THOMAS
Canadian BDX Inc. (Combat Masters Ammo Brand)
Box 187
Black Diamond, AB
T0L 0H0
403-933-0000 (can't always answer phone, sorry)
403-933-7705 Secured Office fax
 
Don't waste your time. I and many others have wasted countless hours trying to get Kurt to take our money. Some get service while many others get ignored. To be fair he is extremely busy. Hardly an excuse IMO though. There is a reloading company in Maple Ridge, BC but the name escapes me.
 
I tried buying 10 000rds for me and a few buddies and no response ever from the guy.
 
HE makes a really good product at a good price. As one would be able to conclude from this, finding stock of the ammo is not easy.

In a nut shell, you need to preorder the ammo, in quantity, either through him, or through one of his dealers in YYC.

I have bought a truckload of 9mm from him, and will buy more when it is done.
 
Unless you are already on an 'inside track' to get his product, don't hold your breath. Dealing with him has changed and I dare say it is sooner or later that he will stop dealing with individuals entirely, bulk sales or otherwise -if he hasn't already changed his policys.
 
Oh, come on. I bought some from him about 2 weeks ago. I am not even on "a track" with him. ;/

I did some minor legwork, but in the end, I had 2 sources in a short amount of time. Kurt replied to each of my emails within a day.
 
Try Wolf Bullets in Kingston. I've used his products and am happy with it.

Just so you know it might take a day or two for him to return your email but I have never had him fail to do so.
 
Oh, come on. I bought some from him about 2 weeks ago. I am not even on "a track" with him. ;/

I did some minor legwork, but in the end, I had 2 sources in a short amount of time. Kurt replied to each of my emails within a day.

Then you're special somehow.

I've purchase large amounts from him in the past. I've carted ammo from him to a dealer in Peace River. He won't return emails.

Great ammo, absolutely ####ty customer service.
 
It took Kurt six weeks to tell me first that he shipped my order and four days ago that he didn't ship it, with out even a apology. Don't waist your with Kurt as I don't think he gives a Sh*t. I just bought a bunch of supplies from John Parsons in Maple Ridge I recommend him highly.
 
I tried to order 5k of 9mm 124gr JHP from him and he accused me of being some sort of criminal for wanting JHP loaded ammo. I then tried to order some regular 45 acp from him and was blown off repetitively. I finally got fed up after two months of trying to get a hold of him or waiting for responses. I took my business to Wolf instead and though I am still waiting on a large shipment of 9mm and 45 acp from him at least the guy gets back to you on the status of your order and does sincerely care about his business.
 
Last edited:
a bunch of us IDPA shooters at the local club where going to do a bulk order of 50-60k rounds and never got even so much as an email in reply or a phone call back from combat masters.....

frankly I would never deal with him any more, to much hassle.
 
Then you're special somehow.
I've purchase large amounts from him in the past. I've carted ammo from him to a dealer in Peace River. He won't return emails.

Great ammo, absolutely s**tty customer service.

Definitely. It sucks because he has so much stuff I want to buy.
 
I too have had delays for Kurts Ammo. To be fair his ammo is a great product and the prices are good.

I order well ahead of time of when I think I will need it. I can't figure out why he would turn down a 60,000rd order like was mentioned a few posts back. He must have one of his contracts to fullfill. He sells to LE agencies and ranges as well.
 
Oh, come on. I bought some from him about 2 weeks ago. I am not even on "a track" with him. ;/

I did some minor legwork, but in the end, I had 2 sources in a short amount of time. Kurt replied to each of my emails within a day.


In August of last year I cut a cheque for $4000 worth of components, and met him in Black Diamond to pick up that order. That was my last dealing with him.
Last month I bump into him at TSE, and he wouldn't give me the time of day or answer a couple of questions about ammo or the bulk bullets (.308) he was dropping off there...
He told me pretty much zero chance of compenents, and all ammo sales will have to go through his distributors.:rolleyes: He can jam his business....
 
For several years I was a retailer of his bullets...

I'm looking to get back into business.. I can't get a response out of him either by email, phone or fax...

I really didn't want to get into importing but it looks like it may be my next option.. I'll give another it try but I'm not hopeful...
 
Last edited:
Ive given up completely with Kurt at BDX.Ive spent quite a few thousands of dollars over the years buying components from him,so he knows who I am ,but over the past year or so,he has become pretty impossible to deal with.Ive sent a number of e mails to him,all have gone unanswered.I recently was going to drive through Calgary and wanted to get some components from him,no luck in raising him however,so that didnt work out.I cant understand how some folk get a reply from him,while others get ignored.

I can however,strongly recommend dealing with John Parsons.He is very reliable,promptly responds to e mails,his prices are good,plus hes a pleasant guy to deal with,thus John is getting my business(and a number of my clubmates)
 
Back
Top Bottom