Industrial machines to reload ammo

If you get P/W autodrive, you will be so close to achieving full auto. If I go that far, the itch to go full auto would be irresistible. LOL!

I know of no automatic primer feeding system, and somebody still needs to be on hand to top up primers, bullets and cases into the collators.

However, that does free up a lot of time to conduct QC.
 
BELTFED;
"Your supplies prices are essentially retail - they should be half that (or more) for a manufacturer. Having a licence to produce ammo would be like a licence to print money"

I would like you to show me 1/2 the retail price for components ????

You sound like the perfect candidate to start up a reloading business....

Let me know with your math I'll back it
John
 
hmm so how do places like WOLF stay in business?

Volume... police contracts, security contracts... exclusivity... how many licensed reloaders are there in canada you could probally count them on one hand

Big comerical operations there is only one big company in canada producing ammo its called general dynamics formerly IVI and they are now exclusive military contract only.

The sporting market for ammunition is so small in canada it cant sustain a big ammo plant like General dynamics... they closed there doors to the public in the early 1980's I spoke with them a few months back and they say they have no interest in the civilan markeplace as its not profitable.
 
Right, that Wolf.

Centaur is another "big" reloader/loader. They do contract work for GD and a lot of police work.

Don't forget it takes 500k up to open a sit down restaurant these days.

Another thing to think about is there is a large grant from the feds for capital costs in opening new manufacturing. i believe it is $250k.
 
Right, that Wolf.

Centaur is another "big" reloader/loader. They do contract work for GD and a lot of police work.

Don't forget it takes 500k up to open a sit down restaurant these days.

Another thing to think about is there is a large grant from the feds for capital costs in opening new manufacturing. i believe it is $250k.

cant find anything on Centaur do they not have a site?
 
There is a guy in BC that sells reloaded ammo and reloading components out of his garage i think his only stip is it has to be done manually got to at least pull the lever he runs 4 1050's i think

And it legit licences and all!!!!!!


Send me a PM for anyone really interested and i'll shoot you his name and #

What the heck? Only question I have for him is how he got his licences. But I doubt he'll share that with me.

$10k investment and I have my own ammo factory in the basement.
 
Here is an idea, why don't you fellow guns nuts who own gun stores etc, get together and form your own small company and start producing ammo. If your in two different provances, than one can produce rifle and the other hand gun. Another good one from me, the guy who first stated this thread, still hoping to win that 18 mil tonight lol

Than no more expensive inported ammo from those other counties.
 
Here is an idea, why don't you fellow guns nuts who own gun stores etc, get together and form your own small company and start producing ammo. If your in two different provances, than one can produce rifle and the other hand gun. Another good one from me, the guy who first stated this thread, still hoping to win that 18 mil tonight lol

Than no more expensive inported ammo from those other counties.

yeah except then this would be more then simply reloading you would have to make the brass awell and the bullets and your getting into much more complex areas now.
 
Interesting thread. I can add a few things...

1. I have a Ponnes-Warren set up on my 1000 - the info and thread is here:
http://www.canadiangunntz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355553&highlight=1000

2. Wolf. As someone I consider one of my best friends, I have pretty intimate knowledge of his setup.

He has 4 ammoloads, and 2 1050s for the smaller jobs.

You guys are missing a major part of it - and I'll let you in on it.
GIGO. Garbage In, Garbage Out

You need all the pre-processing machiness to make automation work.
(As I've discovered as I've gone automated)

Cases must be perfect - before they hit the ammoload.
Sorted, perfectly cleaned, No crimps on primer pockets, No "glock buldges", no cracks, etc.

It takes a bunch of machines to do that to fired, range brass.
His equipment has been purchased over years.

Another thing is finding components. Especially today. You think finding 5K of primers is hard now, try looking for them so you can put bread on the table.

He has labor costs too - all his ammo is QA'ed by someone as it's boxed.

There's also no riches to be had in the ammo business, just a living.

Knowing what I know - I wouldn't venture into that business. I doubt he would today, either.
 
Back
Top Bottom