Where's the 7.62x54mm Russian Surplus?

Fistfull

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I bought a mosin about two years ago and I still haven't been able to find any ammo for the damn thing. Does anybody know where I can find some 7.62x54mm Russian surplus ammo? Does anybody know a dealer that's getting some in any time soon?
 
I bought 8 boxes today from PS millitaria. I cleaned him out and looks like he wont have any more any time soon. And I've been looking for 6 months. So if you do find any buy it all because that could be all you get.
 
Doesn't seem to be any around. I'm not too sure what happened, as even a year ago their was quite a bit around. Reloading seems to be the answer ATM.
 
Where you live? I have 200 rounds just sitting around. I have an M44, I love shooting it but I rarely shoot more then 30 rounds on any given trip to the range. The amount of ammo I have for it just doesn't match the amount I get the rifle to the range.
 
Does anybody know where I can find some 7.62x54mm Russian surplus ammo? Does anybody know a dealer that's getting some in any time soon?

Yep, it was all sent down to the US. Thank the Canadian regulators (NRCAN = Natural Resources Canada) for "keeping us safe"

Marstar is the major importer, but as I understand, it can take from 1 to 2+ years to get a batch approved and imported through customs, etc.
 
There's usually a container or two of the stuff that comes in every 2-3 years. Whenever the stuff <does> come in, it usually sells out within a month .... And since NRCAN has been playing various dirty games over the past 4-5 years, a lot of the stuff that was once readily available, is now banned from import. The Igman stuff comes to mind in that respect.
 
7.62 x 54r surplus is really drying up in Canada. I still have about 1000 rounds left but I would buy more if I could find some or had the money
 
7.62 x 54r surplus is really drying up in Canada. I still have about 1000 rounds left but I would buy more if I could find some or had the money

Ditto. I'm down to about 750 rounds, and my hands are getting sweaty thinking about it...
951.gif
 
- Given that 7.62 X 54R is still fed into hundreds of thousands of PKM belt-fed machine-guns world-wide, I think maybe the only good chunks of surplus would be from a former Ruskie 'Satellite' that turns NATO-wannabe and ditches the Warsaw Pact calibers for NATO. Thoughts?
 
Has the source we used to get it from dried out?

No, thank our government (NRCAN) for keeping us "safe" from the potential hazards of partially mercuric or lead based primers, and unknown powder composition.

Take a look at 7.62x54R surplus in the US, guess who supplies the majority of it to the US?
 
Back
Top Bottom