Agree with the rifle ID except for the Marlin. 1895 I think.
I was thinking the same thing at first but the frame is to narrow for a Model 1895.
Not as old as the rest. My father, west of Hurst Ont in the 60s.
![]()
Right you are sir. I thought the Marlin frame looked a bit longer than the 86 in the picture (the 1895 is about .250" longer than an 86 while the 93 frame is the same lenght as the 86 ) but the clincher is the screw head at the bottom of the frame, just above the lever boss, visible in the blow-up. The 1895s don't have that screw.
Not as old as the rest. My father, west of Hurst Ont in the 60s.
![]()
The model 1895 does have that reinforing screw on the left side the frame.
![]()
Model 1895 DOM 1898
The early 1893s did not have this screw but shortly into production of the 1893 Marlin had to redesign the frame to include this screw
![]()
Model 1893 DOM 1894
Hmmm. I have 2 of each...both 95s no screw..both 93s have screws. All mine are solid frame,straight stock. If those are yours in the pics...Very very nice pieces.
HI fingers284, let me correct my statement about the 1895. There are a very few model 1895s without the screw, below 160### serial number range. Marlin started adding the screw around 1898. It is real hard to pinpoint the exact numbers of guns without the screw because Marlin used the same series of serial numbers for all their guns. During this period Marlin was producing was producing the Model 1893, 1894 & 1895 along with all their small caliber rifles and shotguns. I suspect your Model 1895s are between serial number 140,### to 160,###. Your model 1893s are above 160,###, range.
Marlin didn't make it easy for us collectors. Yes these are my guns in the photos.



























