antique status letter request changed!!

Any Canadian in with a license for the Possession & Acquisition of Firearms, known as a PAL, must attempt the registration of all their firearms regardless of the firearm's potential legal classification.

Even with the death of the Registry ?.......:confused:

Plus they keep the letters on your file, this is a fact I have shown proof of.

A basic FOI request on myself (with the RCMP) revealed this to be true....:(
 
Why ban things that YOU dont like to discuss?
that's a hypocritical stance for a GUN owner to take considering the amount of slander, censorship and "banning" that is levelled towards on any given day.
the attention is on us already!
we must discuss these things and be informed of the actions of our opponents, be prepared to act to protect our interests and lobby to maintain the few things we can do..
its our right to possess what is "deemed legal" to own in this nation, if we take one step back just one then they'll take 10 over us.
we need to confront them on every policy, write letters bombard these clowns, inundate them with complaints and requests for more information till they're backlogged attempting to justify their actions.
and harass and hassle your local MP's with complaints about the firearms laws and the unfair treatment we receive
that is how these things work...
the "other side" is doing this constantly... and thats why were loosing there is more feminists and man hating ex-hippie castretti out there who hate us and our hobbies, theyer in the government and they are voters... they are active.
we are now a small minority.. a hated few. and our situation is getting worse. we must stand up for our selves..

Feminists and man hating ex-hippie castretti?!? :eek: cou:.....uh oh
 
That's how I found out. Were your letters right near the top of the huge pile of papers like mine were?

I dunno..:yingyang:....they mailed me an actual CD for my FOI request of personal information...:redface:...the antique-related documents were somewhere in the beginning-middle of the 200+ pages of the (unfortunately non-searchable) PDF'ed information !.....:eek:

The comments by the Registry clerks/agents (about registered transfers) were kind of amusing, though !...:D

(e.g. "BC CFO is confused that CFO ON is unable to process this transfer in a timely fashion")

I first "caught-on" to the notion that the RCMP kept these letters/records when I called up to ask about new-to-me antique firearm "y", and the CFC-staffer said "do you mean your antique firearm "x" ? " (regarding which I'd previously obtained a letter.)

When I asked if they kept the antiques registered against my R/PAL, they clammed-up but good.....:(
 
So when we import an antique without a letter, Border Service and Customs have the gun's info, and your name and address. Do you suppose they keep this info too? Or am I ready for the tin-foil?
 
I don't see anything new or scary about any of this. All of your and my info is on the record with the RCMP. I know that any request I make is recorded and any response they make is likewise recorded. To assume anything different is somewhat naive in my opinion.
Nothing has changed in this regard in the last 14 or 15 years that I'm aware of. I might add that the men and women working the RCMP lab in Ottawa are the very good in terms of knowledge and the willingness to share that knowledge with others. If I screw up will I get in trouble? Probably, but my responsibility is to not screw up. Their responsibility is to inform us of the technicalities of the firearms act, and to enforce it as mandated by law.
 
Last edited:
I don't see anything new or scary about any of this. All of your and my info is on the record with the RCMP. I know that any request I make is recorded and any response they make is likewise recorded. To assume anything different is somewhat naive in my opinion.
Nothing has changed in this regard in the last 14 or 15 years that I'm aware of. I might add that the men and women working the RCMP lab in Ottawa are the cream of the crop in terms of knowledge and the willingness to share that knowledge with others. If I screw up will I get in trouble? Probably, but my responsibility is to not screw up. Their responsibility is to inform us of the technicalities of the firearms act, and to enforce it as mandated by law.

The AP-80 and G-22 mess-ups notwithstanding ?...;)
 
..... I might add that the men and women working the RCMP lab in Ottawa are the cream of the crop in terms of knowledge and the willingness to share that knowledge with others......

There are different specialized RCMP sections dealing with firearms. Generalizations like this are unfair to the folks who are knowledgeable and helpful, because it lumps them in with those who are not.
 
The section responsible for classifications is headed by a chap named Murray Smith. He is the same person who generated the prohib. lists years ago.
 
The section responsible for classifications is headed by a chap named Murray Smith. He is the same person who generated the prohib. lists years ago.

So there's one person in Canada that understands and could explain the rational behind a decision to call this prohib. and that restricted or non restricted?
What is Mr. Smith's actual job description?
 
So there's one person in Canada that understands and could explain the rational behind a decision to call this prohib. and that restricted or non restricted?
What is Mr. Smith's actual job description?

Manager, Specialized Firearms Support Services. SFSS does evaluations, technical inspections, legal classifications.
 
de-registered/antique/registered - same same

A while back, I de-registered a Tranter .450 that once belonged to my wife. She was/is(?) a civilian employee of the RCMP. She was told that if she intended to shoot it, it required registration. That was 'policy' at the time.

I tried to sell the Tranter a couple of times and each time, the potential buyers asked me to have it de-registered first. As I went through the process, I realized what a farce it really was.

Having a de-registered lettered 'antique' is no different than having any other registered firearm! They know who you are, what you have, where you live, etc., etc. Anyone who thinks it's different in any way is kidding themselves.

I'm still waiting for the first posting describing an encounter with a LEO in the field while packing/shooting an 'antique' revolver in the field. I'm not talking about your beer buddy LEO or an encounter with a sympathetic, interested citizen.
I mean one of the current crop of brainwashed anti-gun LEOs we're seeing make headlines every day.

If Sansone had a de-registered 'antique' revolver instead of a $15 Wal-Mart toy in his home, the Kitchener Gestapo wouldn't be looking like the bunch of goons they proved to be.
 
Any Canadian in with a license for the Possession & Acquisition of Firearms, known as a PAL, must attempt the registration of all their firearms regardless of the firearm's potential legal classification.

YES, key word is FIREARMS.

I do not see problem with this. According to FA antiques clearly are not firearms.
They will become firearms for the purpose of CC of Canada only if they been used to commit crime.
That is the fact written in Canadian law. Been discussed before. Do some research to find out relevant info.
 
Having a de-registered lettered 'antique' is no different than having any other registered firearm! They know who you are, what you have, where you live, etc., etc. Anyone who thinks it's different in any way is kidding themselves.

But it is irrelevant now because you can sell it to whom ever you want without knowing his name, and address. No info required whatsoever.
I strongly suggest selling it to yourself as quickly as possible.
 
Back
Top Bottom