dirkdigler
Regular
Hi
I've inherited my grandfathers Winchester 1892. Its in pretty excellent shape except the my grandfather painted the stock 60 years ago. I would love to shoot this gun however am a bit uneasy about shooting it as it has not been fired for at least 50 years. I intend on bringing it to my local gunsmith to check it over before bringing to the range, but am curious how much it is worth or how much should invest. Not that I have any interest in selling it as its a family heirloom, and looks good in my collection. The serial number begins with 25***.
I've inherited my grandfathers Winchester 1892. Its in pretty excellent shape except the my grandfather painted the stock 60 years ago. I would love to shoot this gun however am a bit uneasy about shooting it as it has not been fired for at least 50 years. I intend on bringing it to my local gunsmith to check it over before bringing to the range, but am curious how much it is worth or how much should invest. Not that I have any interest in selling it as its a family heirloom, and looks good in my collection. The serial number begins with 25***.


















































