Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Pistols Now In Stock

Someone else pointed out to me that these aren't polymer (sales speak for plastic) frames but have metal frames. Only the grips are plastic.
    I know, they looked like a moulded frame to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    Was going to wait for an X-Calibur, but couldn't resist. Just pulled the trigger on an X-Trim. Thanks for the great pricing Dlask! Will you guys be stocking holsters for these? My first polymer and 9mm, I'm excited.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    There are plans for a 10mm and .357 Sig version of the P40.
    I learned a long time ago not to hold for a new model that's in the "in talks" stage.
    YMMV
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Someone else pointed out to me that these aren't polymer (sales speak for plastic) frames but have metal frames. Only the grips are plastic.
    I know, they looked like a moulded frame to me too.
    They're polymer. I looked at 1 since I was unsure then went yep one is coming home.

I dunno. All my other handguns are made of steel or aluminum, and replacing the grips does not mean disassembling the majority of the firearm. I'd call that a polymer, even if the frame insert is steel. To me that's a good thing, and is my 1st.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    They're polymer. I looked at 1 since I was unsure then went yep one is coming home.
    yes and no. GP is polymer, but not like Glock at all. Glock has steel inserts only. GP has a steel billet which houses most of parts and rails. If you remove this billet all you have left a trigger and an empty plastic grip. This design is more durable (at least in theory) than aluminum frame pistols (SigSauer and some 1911 and these are very durable pistols) these days and definitly more durable than steel inserts of most of polymer pistols.
    It worries me that not enough people worry!

http://youtu.be/DioQooFIcgE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    I dunno. All my other handguns are made of steel or aluminum, and replacing the grips does not mean disassembling the majority of the firearm. I'd call that a polymer, even if the frame insert is steel. To me that's a good thing, and is my 1st.
    The only disassembly would be driving out two pins, and removing the safety. With the grip removed, you can still fire the gun. (Granted, holding on would be a challenge and you'd be directly pressing the sear, but)

Just received my first K100 - X-Trim, like it a lot! Finish is awesome!
    Thanks Dlask!

Must be nice to have a CFO who doesn't S the D.

Still waiting patiently...

CGN Regular
    God damn I'm so jelly can't wait for mine
    I told myself I'd never buy polymer or a barrel that short but... GP got me I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    The only disassembly would be driving out two pins, and removing the safety. With the grip removed, you can still fire the gun. (Granted, holding on would be a challenge and you'd be directly pressing the sear, but)
    Oh ok, so will hogue be offering replacement grips for the K100? Maybe I could get some made up in rosewood or G10.

I'm not really sure what the big deal with calling it a polymer, in today's day and age it's not a negative connotation, some of the most popular handguns in the world are polymer for a reason. This model even features vast improvement on the others having the frame insert made entirely of machined steel. Guess I'm just a little confused about the issue.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast