Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: How To Find Ontario Crown Land to Shoot On

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    ..w0w..Oldie but Goodie! Thnx OP, just saw this Thread now.

Im in Newmarket area if you find anything let me know

Note that the original post has been edited to now include a link at the end of the post to a PDF version of the article (since I am no longer seeing the inline images myself for some reason! ...the images show in the PDF).

Thanks for compiling all this info in one place

thank you OP

CGN Ultra frequent flyer handofzeus's Avatar
    Mucho thanks.
    Canada ended when Trudeau began.

In my experience a lot of crown land is land locked. Until you get up around north Bay and North from there. Also in my experience bring a case of beer and ask farmers LOL. Works great

Lots of crown around Ottawa and East side of Algonquin also around Arnpiror and west.

Quote Originally Posted by SwifTst View Post
    In my experience a lot of crown land is land locked. Until you get up around north Bay and North from there. Also in my experience bring a case of beer and ask farmers LOL. Works great
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Cool thread. I have been into Crown Land exploration for the purposes of camping for quite some time now (just got back from hot tenting 60kms from Bancroft) and another really great tool to help are the Backroad Map Books. They are worth their weight in gold, and include not just crown land info, but hunting, fishing, hiking, snowmobiling, etc. use and trail areas as well.

Going to start exploring for some areas that I can shoot on, as usually I am just looking for sites that are far enough away from others to camp on my own little slice of heaven.

Anyways, just a heads up for those who are trying to add another tool to their arsenal to locate spots....When most ranges have years long wait lists and require you to be sponsored by an already registered member, it makes it nearly impossible for new shooters to actually use their guns.

good morning, Can you help me finding suitable crown land near GTA where I can take my sons ( teenagers ) for day of shooting and perhaps camping? please I cant figure this out for shats. lol. Can even recognize colours on this maps properly.

Please help. I want to take them for .22 LR shooting and if nice area for camping.
    Per Aspera Ad Astra