Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: How To Find Ontario Crown Land to Shoot On

First thing I did when I got into this sport, was search the crownland maps, and physically drove out and scouted the areas. Nothing, unless I was really willing to travel. Hope ya find a spot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sin View Post
    good morning, Can you help me finding suitable crown land near GTA where I can take my sons ( teenagers ) for day of shooting and perhaps camping? please I cant figure this out for shats. lol. Can even recognize colours on this maps properly.
    Please help. I want to take them for .22 LR shooting and if nice area for camping.
    EDit-will Pm you.
    Last edited by Johnyy; 02-21-2022 at 03:28 PM.

If it is stated this: Hunting is permitted in accordance with the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act and regulations. For more information, visit https://www.ontario.ca/hunting. Some municipalities have by-laws that apply to hunting including restricting the discharge of firearms. Check with the local municipal office for details.

does that mean target shooting is okay? I checked By-law policy for this place and it confusing. any volunteer would like to read it?

thanks
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

Great thread OP. keeping this in mind when I plan on camping

I would like to know is there a high probability of encountering police or rangers on crown land? How can the police find me if I shoot deep in the woods. I saw some people posting that they do target shoot near the hydro line (crown land) and the police cop said they trespass the land of hydro company. Those cops don't know the law, they just don't want you shooting in their area. So the best way is to avoid meeting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sin View Post
    If it is stated this: Hunting is permitted in accordance with the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act and regulations. For more information, visit https://www.ontario.ca/hunting. Some municipalities have by-laws that apply to hunting including restricting the discharge of firearms. Check with the local municipal office for details.

does that mean target shooting is okay? I checked By-law policy for this place and it confusing. any volunteer would like to read it?

thanks
    It depends. Near me in Simcoe area there are usually signs before u enter the hunting areas which state no target shooting or gun sighting. Really annoying since a lot of these spots would be perfect for shooting. If anyone here is from the Simcoe area with a lot of private land, hit me up. I'm a huge tech nerd so perhaps there's something I'd be able to do in exchange for shooting on your property.

Other than that, I believe you're driving at least to northern orillia to go shooting on crown land.

Quote Originally Posted by missiles400 View Post
    I would like to know is there a high probability of encountering police or rangers on crown land? How can the police find me if I shoot deep in the woods. I saw some people posting that they do target shoot near the hydro line (crown land) and the police cop said they trespass the land of hydro company. Those cops don't know the law, they just don't want you shooting in their area. So the best way is to avoid meeting with them.
    I've always been told to call ahead to the area you will be shooting in and let the OPP know what's what.