$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New M14.ca Rifle Butt Stock to Release in Q1 2014

Quote Originally Posted by W/R View Post
    This is definitely going on my M14 Blackfeather.

Are pre-orders being taken?

Thanks W/R. I am unable to take pre-orders at this writing. We should have a cheek riser solution soon and with that, a new web page and formal product announcement.
    Thanks for the update.

I would like to say that I am waiting patiently for the RBA but I would be lying - I can't freakin' wait!
    Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call. - John J. Rambo

Quote Originally Posted by homer76 View Post
    I am very interested to see this butt stock with the cheek riser. Will it be adjustable height or fixed?

The cheek piece is our only delay at this writing. I am awaiting material and fastener source but yes, a cheek piece will ship with the unit. It will be height adjustable. The parts will be Type II matte black anodized.
    Very cool! Looks like this stock will work out very well with my MDT LSS chassis I have on my Savage. Plus I am supporting local manufacturers.

Yes, thank-you for this comment, it will work with an MDT LSS chassis and any other chassis with an AR15 butt stock interface.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-10-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Business Member
    We placed an order for several sheets of .125" Kydex today. We will make the cheek risers within 1-2 days of material landing. It is black with the P3 finish. This should suit the RBA well.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

Any updates Frank?

Yes, we had a Kydex sheet delivery from Los Angeles Friday. With the T97NSR LHG design considerations and revisions taking most of our time, it may be later next week before we have a cheek riser formed. Concurrently, our bead blaster is blasting FTUs and I was informed this afternoon that he will have these done tomorrow (Sunday) in which case, depending on scheduling, we should have the Rear Butt Stock to them Tuesday. And then it's off to anodizing the following week. This is the current, updated schedule (anodizing has an approximate 10 day turn around). This is in fact a minor delay but then this process is 4 months in now. The butt stock we wanted to release with the Blackfeather RS in May of 2012 is coming to fruition here, in January 2014. There is no one more pleased to shoulder it than this guy right here.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-18-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Any updates on this? I've got a shotgun waiting with baited breath for it lol.

No, unfortunately, our plastics supplier shipped .060" Kydex, not .125" Kydex as requested. We are two weeks out because of it, perhaps 3, as we still need to form the parts once material arrives. Delays like this are unfortunate for all.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-26-2014 at 06:17 PM.

This is what I've been looking for. Maybe you could make one with a folding feature? Or would I be better Off buying a seperate folding piece?

For our M14.ca folder, the time frame cannot be given at this writing.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-26-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimRX View Post
    Any updates on this? I've got a shotgun waiting with baited breath for it lol.

No, unfortunately, our plastics supplier shipped .060" Kydex, not .125" Kydex as requested. We are two weeks out because of it, perhaps 3, as we still need to form the parts once material arrives. Delays like this are unfortunate for all.
    Damn. Hmmm, How does it compare against the Ace AR-UL or any similar buttstock in the ultra-light class? Either in price, or form/fit/function/durability/weight etc so far or planned?

Good question: 1) to form: larger Magpul recoil pads (three choices here to aid recoil reduction) 2) to function: supports addition of monopod at lower picatinny rail, QD sling swivel support, adjustable Kydex cheek riser 3) to fit: length of pull adjustment marked in 1/2" increments on tube 4) to durability: 1/4" dual fasteners ensure solid tube retention, "O" ring provided for enhanced frictional tube locking, 3/8" lightweight aluminum butt plate 5) extremely lightweight, so light, it's almost not worth weighing (parts are in shop tonight, unable to obtain exact weight this evening). Will try to update this week.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-26-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Any chance of a version without the cheek riser, possibly just foam around the "buffer tube" portion like the Ace stocks (or even without)

Thanks for this question. I have put in a request to our plastics distributor for a foam only solution today. Will update as received.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-27-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Hah hah, these repeated queries for updates might be annoying but...... any updates? :D

Completely understood. At this writing, we are still waiting on Kydex as per post 15 above, however, we should have our aluminum "saddles" built towards week's end that will allow us to form the cheek risers in volume quickly. Despite material delay, we should be seeing these parts return from anodizing at about the same time.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-04-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimRX View Post
    Hah hah, these repeated queries for updates might be annoying but...... any updates? :D
    I'm glad you asked, I've wanted to for a while lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast