$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: New M14.ca Rifle Butt Stock to Release in Q1 2014

  1. #21
    CGN Regular GrimRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimRX View Post
    Hah hah, these repeated queries for updates might be annoying but...... any updates? :D

    Completely understood. At this writing, we are still waiting on Kydex as per post 15 above, however, we should have our aluminum "saddles" built towards week's end that will allow us to form the cheek risers in volume quickly. Despite material delay, we should be seeing these parts return from anodizing at about the same time.
    Thanks, and any news about the foam cover for the buffer tube?

    An update should be available today, however, research for the best materials choice can often take time. For example, we are currently considering EPDM foam but there are choices like NPVC. According to manufacturer, the tactile feel of EPDM foam is excellent and it has high resistance to UV rays. Foam tubes made from EPDM offer resistance to weathering. It has a relatively large temperature range going from –65F to +250F. Looks good. We should have a sample soon.

    I'm glad you asked, I've wanted to for a while lol.
    hah, i've been waiting too, :D
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-05-2014 at 11:29 AM.

  2. #22
    Big Mouth frumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    1,334
    Awesome, thanks for the update Frank.

  3. #23
    CGN Regular GrimRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    102
    Yay! keep the updates coming, i know it doesn't seem as popular as the T97 LHG but there ARE people interested :D

    Thank-you for this comment.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-06-2014 at 01:22 PM.

  4. #24
    Business Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    1,209
    A few things:

    * 3 "foam" samples are enroute (subject to review)
    * 6" W x6" H x 1 1/8" D aluminum "saddles" for drape forming Kydex cheek risers are now complete
    * 3 of 4 ovens readied (4th will be picked up Friday)
    * O rings are on order
    * Sloted aluminum Chicago screws for Kydex cheek riser will be on order today
    * 600 "RBS" fasteners will be on order today

    To speed and finalize two drill holes in the "RBS" pipe (formerly known as the RBA) for the Kydex cheek piece, we will begin the manufacture of a Kydex cheek riser jig Monday (1/2" acrylic is most likely to be used here). This will allow us to ascertain the proper single point drill marks for the riser as well as pin point the through holes on the pipe. Once those holes are determined, 200 pipes will have 2 holes each drilled through for an aluminum chicago screw (two each per pipe) and then all 400 parts will go directly to bead and anodize. It is being determined that the timing of this process will coincide roughly with the delivery of the Kydex material. All times are approximate.

    This is the most concise update that can be provided at this writing.

    Edit: Order confirmed for aluminum, sloted chicago screws

    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

  5. #25
    Big Mouth frumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    1,334
    So if someone wanted one in a "raw" finish with foam only could they be purchased now

    Perhaps that is not such a good idea. The raw part will not represent the standards of the product line in its incomplete form. If you would like a non-anodized part we can provide that once each unit has been fully assembled, inspected and passed QC. We would just have to set that up for you via telephone. The enthusiasm here is appreciated, but the wait will be worth it! We will not disappoint.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-06-2014 at 05:44 PM.

  6. #26
    CGN Regular GrimRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    102
    Updates are exciting and appreciated :D Will there be tubes without drill holes for foam only?

  7. #27
    Big Mouth frumpy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Kingston, ON
    Posts
    1,334
    Quote Originally Posted by frumpy View Post
    So if someone wanted one in a "raw" finish with foam only could they be purchased now

    Perhaps that is not such a good idea. The raw part will not represent the standards of the product line in its incomplete form. If you would like a non-anodized part we can provide that once each unit has been fully assembled, inspected and passed QC. We would just have to set that up for you via telephone. The enthusiasm here is appreciated, but the wait will be worth it! We will not disappoint.
    I will wait

    But as mentioned above, I'd be interested in a non-drilled one with foam only as well.

    The two drill holes are 1/8": they will be imperceptible with the foam on top. Even still, I can set one aside.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-09-2014 at 01:53 PM.

  8. #28
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    225
    Awesome! You guys are turning all my 'inexpensive' chinese rifles into $2000 project guns. I love ... no ... hate ... no LOVE what you guys are doing!

    If you want a good project, simply re-finishing the M14 barrel and receiver groups is one of the most rewarding: (as per this PDF). Adding aftermarket parts brings it all to a whole new level. A good example is the Blackfeather RS "Black Thunder" rifle. We look forward to adding the new RBS (named changed from RBA) to our Blackfeather RS platform. You'll find she is lightweight, balanced and accurate, if you do your part.

    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-10-2014 at 01:04 PM.

  9. #29
    CGN Regular GrimRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Mainland, BC
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by frumpy View Post
    I will wait

    But as mentioned above, I'd be interested in a non-drilled one with foam only as well.

    The two drill holes are 1/8": they will be imperceptible with the foam on top. Even still, I can set one aside.
    Maybe set two aside? :D

    Roger that.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 02-10-2014 at 12:49 PM.

  10. #30
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    225

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by yuuup! View Post
    Awesome! You guys are turning all my 'inexpensive' chinese rifles into $2000 project guns. I love ... no ... hate ... no LOVE what you guys are doing!

    If you want a good project, simply re-finishing the M14 barrel and receiver groups is one of the most rewarding: (as per this PDF). Adding aftermarket parts brings it all to a whole new level. If you have time, look up the M14.ca Blackfeather RS "Black Thunder" rifle.
    Blackfeather upgrade ... hands down winner ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •