$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New M14.ca Rifle Butt Stock to Release in Q1 2014

Business Member

New M14.ca Rifle Butt Stock to Release in Q1 2014

Updated: please see post 47 on page 5.

The new M14.ca "RBA" is a new rear butt stock that affixes to our modified A2 receiver extension tube. Purpose built for the M14.ca Blackfeather "RS," the M14.ca "RBA" is also suited to AR15, AR10 pattern rifles, bolt gun chassis systems, M14 composite stocks and 12ga. shotguns that use a AR butt stock interface.

Made from 6061 aluminum, weighing 5.1 ounces (without tube), this part features dual extension tube locking screws for ultimate retention, a design that accepts AR recoil pads (shown in final prototype image is a Magpul Enhanced Recoil Pad that enhances shoulder purchase for comfort and better weapon control), a Quick Detach sling swivel threading for 1 1/4" sling swivels, a 1" lower picatinny rail section for monopod placement and an accessible storage compartment in the tube section.

(Not shown: two through holes for Kydex cheek riser).

ETA Q1 2014
    Price : TBD

(Component note: All parts shown will be Type II anodized matte black).
    Last edited by M14.CA; 04-07-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

Price?

To be determined. We still need to source two parts: the tubing material and a supply of butt stock pads and finally, run the part through one last time to optimize the cycle time.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 12-11-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    can you show one on the gun?

Once the last two parts are in place, I will send this part along with our recent Blackfeather production to get anodized black.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 12-11-2013 at 11:15 PM.
    One of the originals!!!!!

5.1 Oz without tube? How much will it weigh with tube and butt pad?

Once parts arrive, I will have the complete weight with all shipping parts included. However, the tube weight added to the RBA is almost imperceptible. That is how light it is... . The rubber butt pad from Magpul weighs exactly 2 ounces. This part is shaping up to be very lightweight, heavy duty in design and properly balanced for the system components in the Blackfeather RS platform, which is essentially; the rifle stock, the rear butt stock, the ultra low hand guard, the scope mount and lightweight/short muzzle brake and front sight. With this rear butt stock, the M14 Blackfeather RS platform matures into a fast handling, light weight, accurate and properly balanced M14 "system." And it took only 4 years to get here.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 12-12-2013 at 11:18 AM.

I am guessing this is not for benchrest shooting? Can't use this with a cheek piece?

Note the picatinny rail on the lower part of the RBA. It is designed to add an adjustable monopod here for precision rifle. There will be a cheek riser but it will be sold separately.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 12-15-2013 at 06:43 PM.

I'm wondering how it'd work with a shotgun. If I'm looking at it right, you can determine the exact length you want the stock to be which would allow you to have a shotgun right at 26" oal

Yes, this is correct, I have amended the introduction to include shotgun stocks that use an AR interface. Basically it is a modified A2 tube so you can use it where ever there is an AR tube interface. It is shaping up to be a very versatile, cross platform part with features found on no other design in this weight class.

I'd gladly volunteer to test it out on a shotgun and report back with pictures if you send me one

I appreciate the offer.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 12-15-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Business Member
    I think this part is shaping up to be a simple, lightweight and durable cross platform solution with a couple of unique features found in no other design. It should be noted that besides flat black, OD green and FDE anodized parts will be available as well.
    M14.ca + Official Forum
    Blackfeather "RS" Rifle Stock
    LSP
    Scout Hand Guard
    CASM GEN II Scope Mount
    Black Arrow Spring Guide
    Direct email: info@m14.ca Tel. 250-888.9982
    T97NSR FTU T97.ca.
    T97NSR LHG T97.ca. NEW

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet skoal's Avatar
    Ive been constantly looking at your site since you posted these in a thread a while back, I cant wait to get one I have a gun waiting for it.
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

Quote Originally Posted by rodauto View Post
    I am guessing this is not for benchrest shooting? Can't use this with a cheek piece?

Note the picatinny rail on the lower part of the RBA. It is designed to add an adjustable monopod here for precision rifle. There will be a cheek riser but it will be sold separately.
    I am very interested to see this butt stock with the cheek riser. Will it be adjustable height or fixed?

The cheek piece is our only delay at this writing. I am awaiting material and fastener source but yes, a cheek piece will ship with the unit. It will be height adjustable. The parts will be Type II matte black anodized.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-09-2014 at 04:08 PM.

This is definitely going on my M14 Blackfeather.

Are pre-orders being taken?

Thanks W/R. I am unable to take pre-orders at this writing. We should have a cheek riser solution soon and with that, a new web page and formal product announcement.
    Last edited by M14.CA; 01-09-2014 at 04:37 PM.
    Live for nothing, or die for something. Your call. - John J. Rambo

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast